Hey general : little help

Posted this in “arena”

Queued an arena today, opposing team lobby was empty to very last second when two Demon hunters joined. The arena began, we assumed they must of been shadow melding in starting area, however when we engaged they were no where to be found. We ran round the map using aoe, scouted the arena with sight to no avail. We were unable to report the players, since they hadn’t revealed themselves and had no name plate to click. We were about to write it off as a glitch, but while I was busy uploading this thread, my partner saw them spawn into the map and forfeit. We can only assume they got bored of us waiting to leave the game. Hopefully linked video will explain it better https://youtu.be/YCTQSBmqApA

just looking for a little help on how to report this to GM since the offenders never revealed a nameplate to right click. Thank you in advance

Do you think this is something they have caused on purpose? (I don’t see that they benefit from any of this either)

Maybe they suffered the same glitch you guys did and were wondering about the same thing, then they got tired of waiting and left.

People are so eager to snitch about everything these days.

No “help me understand what happened”, just “how do I report them”?

5 Likes

It could have been a glitch, but the payoff might have been if people write the game off quicker than we did (we stayed in for a considerable time trying to understand wtf was going on) they would stand to gain a win for doing nothing?

Email hacks@blizzard.com explaining clearly what happened and attaching the video if you think it will help them. They will investigate and if it is some sort of glitch/cheating they’ll send it on to be fixed. (You probably won’t get a response unless they need more information).

2 Likes

I genuinely don’t understand why people go out their way to be unhelpful like this. I’d not required you to “help me understand what happened”, but assistance on how best to report the problem.
The issue is either a frustrating glitch, which I’ve never encountered before (worth reporting). Or malicious play, also worth reporting. Either could be as likely as the other.

Thats not the story you told in the OP which was originally that you couldn’t report the player. I’m not compelled to limit my reply to conditions you laid down (answer my question - don’t deviate!)

If it was a glitch then use a bug report. You’ll see nobody mentioned this because literally everybody thinks you want to report the other player.

You know full well that you have gone out your way to be unhelpful for seemly no reason. Ananda was kind enough to make good a useful response in which the instance can be appropriately investigated if required. As such, I’ve no further reason to engage with you, good day.

In this case the OP does not have any desire to have anyone punished, but rather to get some clarity how such a situation could have occurred.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.