Hi just migrated to a new real wanted to try something new including RP

Hi all just migrated to this big new world im still small and fresh but will grow up to my former Glory! Looking for some one to guide me in this new world.

3 Likes

Hey, welcome! Do you need some help when it comes to roleplay addons, or do you have that down already?

1 Like

Welcome to Royston Vasey. You’ll never leave!

Greetings. Hopefully we can help find you a place in this realm and one of the many guilds.

If you require some guides, I can suggest these here to help get you started.

If you need help with some pointers, just ask away.

Anything peak your interest in what you want to tackle first in roleplay?

5 Likes

No have 0 knowledge where to star and i should probably mentioned im Alliance and void elf :slight_smile:

1 Like

Download TRP3 and take a look at it in game, just start out editing basics like your name and title or something, don’t worry about writing paragraphs of backstory on your character.

1 Like

Welcome to the World of Warcraft!

One tip I’ll share with you here is: It’s alright to be overwhelmed. The Warcraft setting has over 20+ years of lore (and plenty of that has been retconned) and that is impossible to all learn in a short period of time.

I recommend you view some lore videos on whatever subject has your interest (races, classes, important lore figures) and maybe a summary of the Warcraft RTS games (especially Warcraft III).

Another tip: It is alright to make mistakes and learn. Your punctuation doesn’t need to be perfect nor does anyone expect you to write huge emotes. The main focus of roleplaying is that at the end of the day everyone involved has been having fun. You don’t need to know all the lore and you might even want to alter your character after dipping your toes in RP for the first time, and that’s just fine.

1 Like

I recommend checking out Tenasa’s guides that were just linked, but as well, here are a few addons. Some are essential, some others, not so much, but they’ll definitely help you out.

• Total RP 3 (Essential)

The bread and butter of roleplay addons. Everything I will list from here on out can be done away with if you want to, but not this one. It gives you a map scanner that lets you see roleplayers with this addon (and other similar ones) installed and their profiles, lets you make a character sheet, so on.

You’ll find so many features in it that you’ll begin to wonder why a lot of them weren’t baseline in a RPG game to begin with.

• Listener (Recommended)

Now, one of the first things you’ll find yourself at a loss for is that the chat option in Warcraft isn’t optimal for roleplay with large groups of people. It goes fast, and it certainly can be hard to track if you’re around people who type much faster than you do; and that’s without even mentioning public events.

Listener remedies that, and a lot of other things. It’s not as essential as Total RP 3, but quite close. It pings you whenever your character sheet’s first or last name is said, as well as any other pings you assign it to and people you’re targeting, gives you a larger window tagged as ‘Listener’, and gives you another window that lets you see what the person you’re targeting in specific has last said around you. It also lights up said name pings in bright green.

• Emote Splitter (Recommended)

This one is a bit easier to explain. It lets you type beyond the chat limit, splitting messages and emotes into appropriately sized messages. Simple, but can help you a whole lot in a pinch.

• Spellchecker (Optional)

We enter into the field of addons that aren’t really necessary, but they’re there if you want them, starting with Spellchecker. Spellchecker’s an addon that helps out a whole lot if you aren’t confident about your grammar, or if you quite simply need it for one reason or another. It corrects mistakes, and lights up suggestions.

To make a further indent into this addon, it is not necessary at all. Grammar mistakes happen, especially in a server where most people speak English as a second, third, or even fourth language. You won’t be shamed for it, but this addon is there for you should you want to use it in any case.

• Total RP 3: Extended & Dicemaster (Optional)

Two addons often used in conjunction with one another. They help with an experience similar to that of TTRPG with a system of items and other neat little things on the former, and the latter helping a whole lot when it comes to more static D20 systems. You likely will never use these unless you get the itch for it, or if you join a guild where either of or both are necessary.

5 Likes

I was hoping for any guild recommendations or may be some one is recruiting since playing with some one is always more fun.

Your posting char is a warlock, so if you’re looking to do something warlock-related in RP as well, I can give these guys a shout-out and recommendation: [PCU] Legion Remnant RP - Shadowbane Coven 😈

Thx for telling me this is the character im playng with :smiley: was searchign for ages where to swap :slight_smile:

1 Like

Download the addons mentioned above by Demoniaco. Take a look at Stormwind, enjoy slow walks, read other people’s profiles, engage in dialogues. And, most importantly, have fun (without disturbing and harrassing other people, ofc).

If you are lucky to find a guild that will suit your interests and welcome you with open arms, then it will be even better. As a High elf (judging by your current character look) you shouldn’t have much problem, as this race is highly valued by other RPers here.

2 Likes

Wow thx :slight_smile: will do!

Welcome to the server!
Demoniaco already covered the addons (although I´ll add that, as far as I know, Dicemaster doesn´t work anymore and will require an update to work again, which might take some time to happen) and Tenasa shared the guides, so I´ll focus on some other stuff:

First decision you have to make is whether you want to RP an actual void elf or a high elf. To explain, while high elves are not playable, Blizzard added customizations to void elves that effectively allow us to represent high elves (pink skin, blue eyes, normal hair color).
If you´re not that familiar with the lore, here are Warcraft wiki pages about each race.
https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/High_elf
https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Void_elf
Void elves in general are more difficult to RP and less accepted by other characters (on account of having the whole “corrupted by Void” thing). For a beginner, I´d recommend high elf, but in the end it´s about what you find more interesting and if void elf is more appealing for you, you should go with that. Having fewer choices as void elf does not mean you´re out of choices, I´ve seen plenty guilds that still accept void elves.

There´s also a question of what style of RP you´d be interested in. Some people like to do casual city RP where it´s mostly about meeting new characters, chatting and overall just chilling. The interactions are mostly random, but there are also guilds that focus on this style of RP, for example RPing staff of a tavern.

Others (usually in RP guilds, but not always limited to that) prefer to create more complex stories where one person creates the basic premise and RPs as the NPCs (whether good or evil) while the other players engage with the story. If you´re familiar with various Dungeons and Dragons streams, it´s something similar (in the basic idea of creating a story together, the specifics tend to vary a lot), but set in Warcraft universe (and here´s where I´ll do shameless self-promotion, the guild I´m in, Highvale, takes part in this type of RP, and we´re also high elf guild).

Of course, nothing stops you from trying either, and even if you join a guild, there tends to be plenty of space to take part in the casual RP, so don´t feel like you are going to be limiting yourself to one of the options. It´s mostly about figuring out what would interest you the most and then seeking that type of RP.

2 Likes

Adding onto these, this website is really good for reading lore! Just make sure to check the quotations, since they sometimes quote lore sources that are no longer canon or things that are entirely [Citation Needed], but overall, they can be trusted.

If you have any doubts or any questions about the lore of something you’re playing, the website is incredibly easy to navigate and has an entry on pretty much every corner of the lore.

2 Likes

If you are roleplaying a void elf you may be pleased to know that, outside Stormwind, there are well stocked RP hubs in Duskwood, Arathi Highlands and Boralus as well. These hubs are very active in the evenings, but more quiet during the day.

The TRP3 addon also comes with a scanner, which allows you to find other roleplayers on the map. It is the button at the bottom left corner when you press m in game.

Welcome to the realm!

2 Likes

By the way, is there a setting that allows you to scan all players from both factions at once? Not just Horde or Alliance.

I think there are hard coding blocks on scanning cross faction. I think it draws its data from the same way /who works.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.