Hidden nerf for solo delves?

Yesterday I could easily complete tier 8 delves. Today adds empowered by zekvir nuke me, even on tank spec… I’d rather wait 6 months for catch up gear than grind delves below tier 8 to get gear to be able to do tier 8.

4 Likes

Sounds greedy, honestly.

I’ve been doing tier 7 last 2 days and I still did tier 7 fine today.
Be patient or just accept that you can’t min-max everything.

What you describe is progression.
Delves are an endgame progression system.
Go figure.

2 Likes

Delves are seasonal, so progress starts over every few months.

They’ll eventually get the scaling right. It may take a dozen more hotfixes, but I can appreciate that it’s difficult to scale the same content for different group sizes and specs/roles.

1 Like

I haven’t noticed any difficulty spike, the only change is that heralds, who were only in T9+ before started to appear in T8. You don’t need to kill them. If you see the herald (there are three possible encounters, all of the mobs have herald titles), just ignore him, if he is guarding objective - do the objective and reset with invis (or death and finish delve on 4 lives).

You can kill them, I did it even in higher tiers, but it does not look like they drop anything useful, unless the chance of the drop is very low, so unless we know why to farm them, I advice just to ignore.

max its T11 not t8 …

1 Like

Solo cleared 4 t8 yesterday and 2 today, I felt no difference tbh besides the fact that yday my other char was 573 and today 584. Ofc I am not rushing stuff, got buffs on ( Dragonflight ones tbh since I am greedy :slight_smile: )
Only thing I am a bit annoyed with is that relic with the golem, its useless for ranged classes and Finley and Renon I just skipped since it took to long getting them down in t8 imo…

T7’s feel about the same as they did yesterday.

T8’s feels a little overtuned. Especially compared to yesterday. With careful pulling and waiting for CD’s, I could do a T8. Today this seems a lot harder.

Looks like Branns DPS-spec has also met the nerfhammer. He’s doing about 1/10th of what he did yesterday and is now practically useless.

I think the tuning in the delves themselves was fine. They needed to be more difficult for the reward they gave. But the Heralds I had come across (attempted 4 today) were all in a tiny corridor. Blocking access. Once right before the boss. This was in a party of 5. Meaning that everyone except me (tank) got oneshot and the delve was over. The big herald did 6.8mln damage that was unavoidable due to the narrow corridor.

Yesterday I tried to solo a tier 8, got through everything except for the boss. (Did mechanics and all the kicks I could do, since I kicked on cooldown). But due to the boss having 2 casts that did so much damage I couldnt keep it up. But I guess they fixed the solo stuff now

T8 is max gear.
The rest is for cosmetics / bragging rights / personal challenge.

Solo delves haven’t changed at all, did 4 today and they were as easy as before.
The only overtuned mobs are Tala and Velo which I had to skip because their damage is just insane.

1 Like

did like 3 t8 today on this mage
they feel the exact same difficulty as yesterday

Its not hiden nerf or something it was legit balancing fix.

Solo delves are same ( apart from added mini bosses)

What is different tho, is group dvelves 2And above players are noticably harder and HP is way higher .

One might it should be that way and i agree , if there is 1 player mobs needs to have less HP than with 2 players , like we had till now , that makes sense.

But what they did is overkill. I can solo them, yd i could do them in any composition . Today i tried 2-3-4-5 mans and they feel imposible, too much hp, too much damage .

So yea, we decided with friend its better to just solo conent int the mmo we play because its way easier and faster

Plenty of threads already about it, you didn’t need to start another one.

They added the pair of lieutenant ads (Tala and Velo) that already showed up on l9+ to the lower levels.

Those adds are pretty nasty - my advice is to take a supply of invis pots with you and just skip them!

Is there also a nerf on gear ?

So far I got 4 cloaks out of 5 delves… or am I just the unluckiest player ?

I got 3 trinkets out of 3 runs =(