High elf, Wildhammer, more

Meow meow meow reeee meow

3 Likes

That’s a bit hypocritical, considering that they had no issues making the Highmountain/Lightforged/Mag’har/Dark Iron their own races with their own racial mounts and heritage mogs.

Wildhammers are their own clan, with their own culture and traditions. But hey, just “RP” as one while you can just play a full-fledged Dark Iron dwarf with their own capital, heritage mog and racial mount.

What can we do.

I guess they thought “hey we had similar looking races so instead of making them a allied race, why not add it as a customization”

I mean I’m thankful we got these options, at the very least.

4 Likes

I think they pretty much said “Yes we tried with some races, but proven too time consuming and expensive to redo all races, so we just gave people cosmetic options.” Which is understandable.

1 Like

I agree. I think the “Allied races” should be reserved for relatively Unique races who are hard to implement with full starting experienes.

Things that are basically X with some little difference (like HM-Tauren, Mag’Har, Mechagnomes or Darkiron) should be cosmetic options.

2 Likes

I understand mecha gnomes or lightforged, but HMs? Those are Tauren right? And Mag’har? Didn’t we “find” them back in TBC? I mean Garrosh was a mag’har. So I’d guess non-tainted orcs would’ve followed as well. That kinda makes little to no sense other than technical obstacles that time. They basically said, you can play what you want it’s only in your head. Because even if you slap a light skin on your void elf, it’s still a void elf, script-wise. But then, that comment upon entering the cathedral in SW should not discourage you roleplaying a high elf.

1 Like

The playable Mag’har are the ones from WoD, but i still think that making customization available via Quests would be a nice thing, like the Nightwarrior eyes, just more.

Mechagnome-Quest => Robot-Parts for Gnomes.
HM-Quest => Antlers for Tauren
Mag’Har-Quest => Untainted Skintones for Orcs
Darkiron-Quest => New Hair and Skin for Dwarves
LF-Quest => More Horns, Skintones and golden Tats for Draenei
Zandalari Quest => Upright posture, golden Tats and new Faces for Trolls
And of course the heritage Armor as well :stuck_out_tongue:

The other allied races are okay as they are. They give completely new models to their faction and would be really hard to do as customizations.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.