Highmountain Tauren Customisation

It might not be, wasn’t part of any previews.
We’ll see what happens in that regard.

I’m happy for our Highmountain brothers. :heart:

Hope you achieve what you desire

Yeah, some more tattoo patterns and colors would be amazing. Very glad that these customizations are being added!

:deer:

They seem pretty far in implementation of those considering how many options they are, I wonder if we will get them in 9.1.5.

1 Like

I hope they are, but I’m not expecting it.

Some tattoos to represent the Ironhorn would be cool. Hammers or something.
The full face paint that the NPC in Orgrimmar has (it’s a normal tauren, but meh) would be nice too. Just a pure X coloured face.

1 Like

It is confirmed ! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Good blizz, these changes look great and have encouraged me to dig up my HMT chars last night and give them a play.

Just one thing (I hope you see) please please please can you consider a white/very pale grey skin and the option of black horns as well? I’m loving all these new browns and ash colours but these two additions would complete the set!

1 Like

I’m… not completely satisfied when it comes to the female options.

There’s a lot of really awesome stuff and I love most of the things that were added, but I’m not really a huge fan of any of the hairstyles (they are okayish, but could use a few wilder-looking ones) and I’m a bit disappointed to see we didn’t get a few more horn options. Including the new ones, HMT will have I think 7 or 8 options. Regular Tauren have at least 20. I get that antlers might not have as much potential for variety, but still.

Oh, and it’s a bit disappointing that they went for black and grey skintones, but not pure white. The one we got looks cool, but it’s more… dunno, palomino or something. A white would be nice.

I really hope there is an option to choose the “jewellery colour,” because right now the string horn decorations have specific colours tied to the horn styles, and that’s a bit restricting.

1 Like

Nice. Thoose horns are massive!

Why does it look like corn/maize?

1 Like

Still nothing compared to Void elves.

1 Like

Because corn is very important to HMT culture? They really like their corn, I think.

What I find more puzzling is this:

Uh. Always wear protection?

3 Likes

I’m guessing this is the result of taurens liking nature and its wildlife just a bit too much.

Bring me my antler sheaths!

2 Likes

Sure was unique to recruit the moose people that literally have no visual difference besides reindeer/moose antlers.

Why couldn’t we recruit the drogbar instead!

Currently have Eagle, Bear, Moose and Otter tattoos.
Water, earth and air ones would be nice. (There is no path of fire.)
Add white, darker blue and deep brown markings.

1 Like

Oh yes we got 8 hair colours and ear sizes, we are taking over customization options! :scream:

3 Likes

Nice! Dark Iron Dwarfs next!

1 Like

They do like their corn, you are correct. Agriculture is very important to HMT and is handled principally by the Rivermane. It’s one of the cultural differences between them and Kalimdor Tauren (Kalimdor Tauren do not tend to engage in agriculture as they were a nomadic people, so they live largely off wild game, also the high bluffs of TB are not suited for farming whereas the soil of Highmountain is rich with the minerals from the spring water of the peak, making it ideal for growing much more versatile crops and constructing irrigation).
Kalimdor Tauren probably grow crops like wheat however as they make Mulgore Spice Bread, that or they simply harvest wild crops without building dedicated farmland unlike Highmountain Tauren.

So the fact the horn ornament resembles corn is probably intentional! I have nothing for the leather sheaths though! I think they could have added more horn markings as a way to differentiate the horns more, like white paint on them for example, or different styles of carving? The hanging feathers look pretty good though.

1 Like

Happy for my kin from highmountain!

More tattoos would be cool tbh, though as for the previews it really looks good and finally nose rings for HMT! my HM shammy face feels so naked without a nose ring as i used to have them for regular taurens

1 Like