Highmountain Tauren Customisation

Nice! Dark Iron Dwarfs next!

1 Like

They do like their corn, you are correct. Agriculture is very important to HMT and is handled principally by the Rivermane. It’s one of the cultural differences between them and Kalimdor Tauren (Kalimdor Tauren do not tend to engage in agriculture as they were a nomadic people, so they live largely off wild game, also the high bluffs of TB are not suited for farming whereas the soil of Highmountain is rich with the minerals from the spring water of the peak, making it ideal for growing much more versatile crops and constructing irrigation).
Kalimdor Tauren probably grow crops like wheat however as they make Mulgore Spice Bread, that or they simply harvest wild crops without building dedicated farmland unlike Highmountain Tauren.

So the fact the horn ornament resembles corn is probably intentional! I have nothing for the leather sheaths though! I think they could have added more horn markings as a way to differentiate the horns more, like white paint on them for example, or different styles of carving? The hanging feathers look pretty good though.

1 Like

Happy for my kin from highmountain!

More tattoos would be cool tbh, though as for the previews it really looks good and finally nose rings for HMT! my HM shammy face feels so naked without a nose ring as i used to have them for regular taurens

1 Like

I have four Tauren’s , druid - mulgore , warrior - mulgore ,shaman -hm ,hunter - hm .
Looking forward to apply new options.

I am quite happy with these additions. They are most welcome and long overdue, to be honest. That said, I find the lack of additional patterns for the antlers a bit disappointing, seeing as there is but one option at the moment.

The Nightborne are teaching them.

I mean look at the Nightborne ears, the whole armour on their ears are more than what they wear on their body.

1 Like

Yes.

For visibility sake given blue presence in the other customisation thread (can we get blue love in a non elf thread?)

• multiple antler pattern carving options
  • possibility instead of carvings, but paint on antlers?
  • female Highmountain need more large antler options! Female mulgore tauren can essentially have the same horn size as males now, yet female Highmountain have baby antlers!
  • black antler colour, the rest look swish but a black would be sweet, maybe a dark grey too?
  • what about natural adornment on antlers? I’m thinking things like hanging plants/vines?
  • a white fur colour as well as a pale grey. These would look beautiful with the new pale grey antlers! Please! There are white Highmountain NPCs!
  • as distantpeak has said : tattoos to reflect the paths of earth, sky and river: brown/black/grey/white paints to keep us different from mulgore Tauren?

Now for a more ambitious request:
Highmountain rogues. For no reason other than my old main is a rogue and I’d love to have him be a cow. It’s be a really unique selling point for HMT! Think about it….we spend all this time stalking between trees and caverns…I’m pretty sure we must be good at sneaking up on things…also we only have 6 classes…I mean I’d be happy with the above list essentially but do this as well and I’ll be set for life. I will accept Tauren mages (of either kind) as a product replacement.

4 Likes

Fur options from Mulgore taurens ? That should be easy to implement

Well this is it. We got the “new” mulgore Tauren blonde option and some other chocolate brown options (I don’t think they have them? If not they should get them too) but we haven’t got the white or blue when HMT NPCs already have them?

I don’t mind skipping the blue and the spotty ones. That’s a mulgore thing. But the white, with the white antlers. It’s a strong look. I probably wouldn’t use it on this guy but I’d certainly take a light grey (I’ll probably end up going grey on him with the white antlers or if they add the black I will keep him black and take the black antlers for sure! So long as the carvings are visible in them)

Black antlers with white and coloured carvings would look amazing to me. Especially if I can get blues and carvings that references rain/clouds/rivers (or body paint that does) to help sell this dude as a “Rain Sage” who invokes healing sprays and clouded rains.

1 Like

Sounds like a powerful Rivermane and I love it.

New material colours for bindings on things like braids would be cool. They’re all red, but making them the same colour as your markings to help them fit a set more would be nice.

I’m astonished you guys don’t have black antlers :open_mouth:

That’s something I definitely would love for HMT.

Here’s my support!

1 Like

Guilty as charged! My HMT are a Skyhorn Survivalist, a Rivermane Rain Sage (Mistweaver) a Bloodtotem Brave (Warrior) and a Prephoof Druid (who believes that assuming the form of an animal and learning to live as a beast would be essential to surviving the impending catalysm she believes is coming).

I agree I’d love some bonding colours. I try to avoid using any of the red on my non bloodtotem tauren because to me the red is clearly a tribal thing (I mean it absolutely isn’t, as we see HMT of many tribes with varying face paints, but the tribes do have these colours of green (skyhorn) blue (Rivermane) and red (bloodtotem) associated with them so I can’t in good conscience select conflicting colours)

1 Like

I have a Rivermane fisherwoman, Skyhorn Gale Master (druid) and a Bloodtotem Trapper (hunter with a bear)

1 Like

I come here from PTR frustrated that there is no pure white fur colour as a customization option. :angry:

I think i will go with this look :sunglasses:

Going for this sort of thing (that’s the set I use already)

1 Like

I’m glad that the new HM Tauren customizations are coming so early. I prefer their druid travel and moonkin forms (moose ftw) but their customizations were really lacking.

2 Likes

Dragged from the depths because I see the Nightborne with their hand glow and I wish to remind devs:

• White fur colour to Highmountain Tauren!
  • A black colouration of antlers!
  • More possible designs in the antlers and/or a choice of whether markings are the current shaded tone or white!
  • Possibly more body and face paint colours to mark us as different to regular Tauren, so greys, browns, black, mossy green etc.

What is on offer so far is cool and really happy to see but I think adding the above would help also!

4 Likes

Light grey with white shaggy fur on it would also be nice.
Shamanistic markings or animal prints on the antlers would be pleasant.
Earrings for both genders in the form of sun and/or moon.

2 Likes

Can agree, white mane fur would be nice. Did wonders for the Worgen.
Also, for core Tauren too, why can’t we have blind eye? We not scrappy enough? Surely some of us lost an eye wrestling mountain lions and the like!

Much like Nightborne, daily awareness:

• White base fur, plus light grey
  • White mane fur with above
  • Black antlers
  • Antler carving options
  • Carving colour choices
  • More large antler styles for females
  • Wider body paint colourisation (brown, grey, black, mossy green, terracotta)
  • Earrings for both genders
3 Likes