Hodir hardmode

I wonder if it’s possible to have something like Defense Protocol Alpha for Hodir hardmode. Activating the protocol would start the timer, wiping the raid if Hodir wasn’t killed before.

Why?

10chars.

1 Like

So it’s not possible to fail the hardmode and then accidentally kill him in the same reset. If there was a hard wipe you could toggle on at 3 minutes, then you either get the achievement and complete the hardmode or wipe

If you are close to getting that sub 3 minute kill and want to wipe, Hodir might die to dots and then it messes up your plans for that week

1 Like

wouldn’t that make it easy mode instead of hard mode? By allowing multiple attempts in the same instance in the same week?

Seems like a poorly thought out suggestion if you want to sell it to Blizzard and folk who would value the achievement

Hope it is going to be 2 min.

1 Like

30M HP in 2min ?
Patchwerk 16M HP in 2min need 140k dps in your raid, so you how can you get 250k ?

People will probably just stop DPS much earlier if it isn’t looking good instead. It’s just a qol suggestion after all. The difficulty isn’t (or shouldn’t, according to some) meant be whether or not you waste the raid lockout that week

There are buffs in the fight that increase your damage output significantly

Yes but how much ? I don’t remember.
Because 250k is literraly all your mates with x2 more dps.
Patchwerk is a easy boss, you don’t have to move, nothing, Hodir is less dummy

A lot. 100% attack/cast speed buffs, 135% crit damage buff, 60% magic damage taken buff on boss with a damage proc

There are 4 (10m) or 8 (25m) adds that are trapped in blocks of ice next to Hodir at the start of the fight. You can break these blocks during the fight to free them and get their help. 4 kind of adds: Moonkins, Shamans, Mages, and Priests. Each type of add will use a special ability to help you against Hodir:

Moonkins:
Starlight - Envelops a location in starlight for 1 min, increasing the attack and casting speed of friendly units within it by 100%

Shamans:
Storm Power - Charges a nearby friendly target with lightning, increasing critical strike damage by 135% for 30 sec

Mages:
Toasty fire - Warms nearby friendly creatures, preventing the effects of Freeze and Biting Cold, and increasing Spirit by 4. In addition, your Spells and Ranged attacks have a chance to singe enemies. Toasty fire can be extinguished by falling ice or Flash Freeze.

Singed - Singes the enemy, inflicting 3000 Fire damage and increasing damage taken from magical spells and effects by 2% for 25 sec. Stacks up to 30 times.

Priests:
Dispel - Priests will randomly dispell Freeze on the members of the raid.

1 Like

so you how can you get 250k ?

Just stack UH dks, one button and 10k dps

1 Like

It should be yeah, they said pre-nerf after all

I don’t think forcing people to play meta with 8 Dk, 4 warlock etc is a good game design.

To be fair it’s an optional hardmode and guilds with 2 unholy dk & 3 warlocks are pushing 170k on patchwerk at this point. My guild could run that comp, but I don’t think we’re anywhere near those numbers. Just checked, we’re doing ~120k, but it’s a pretty casual guild

what do you mean, if u want to clear whole Ulduar u have to kill him on HM xd

My weapon on this boss is nothing optional :slight_smile:
I want it day one as soon as possible.

Sure, but Algalon is considered an extra boss and isn’t on the Champion/Conqueror of Ulduar achievements. I know my guild probably won’t be killing Algalon for a couple months, not too fussed about it

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.