Holy paladin ranged build Shadowlands

with the new talents covenants legos conduits etc do you think that pally will have a “viable” ranged build?
i dont mind melee healers but sometimes is just better to stay safer at range and spam heals.

The only person that I know that could potentially answer this is @Vardrek - DefiasBrotherhood

1 Like

how can i contact him?

I’ll message him and ask him to have a peek here.

1 Like

Well i’ve not had much playtime on the SL holy paladin, but so far the consensus seems to be that they’re a pretty strong PvE healer, far as it goes for PvP content, maybe not so much with the loss of fast holy lights though some things could be tweaked in that regard.

As for a ranged spec, it’s pretty much not much of a change as to current WoW or MoP. Bestow Faith imparts holy power when it heals, Kyrian convenant also gives you a ranged 5 person aoe attack or heal which means you get full holy power. Occasionally you may have to use crusader strike here and there on a stray mob bouncing around but from what I have seen their are other talent options out there that will give you some more holy power, such as holy avenger and beacon of virtue.

All in all you can be melee or ranged perfectly fine, just the new infusion of light takes a bit of getting used to if you want a big heal.

3 Likes

thank you, now that i have beta acess i will try out all thoose things. also if you dont mind take a look at this post and reply with what you think

Well their is a few conduits and legendaries there that you can kit out for buffing light of dawn, think their is also another that buffs your light of the martyr when you use light of dawn, but i’m just guessing that off the top of my head, you can easily kit yourself out for AoE holy paladin if you wanted.

Bestow faith is probably better for you if you’re staying at range and rewards you a holy power,

Holy avenger makes any of your abilities that give a holy power give you 3.

Kyrian Covenant Divine Toll up to 5 targets get holy shocked/avengers shield, judgement, so you can get a full 5 stack of holy power from this covenant ability.

Saved by the light, big absorb shield on targets with Beacon on them, you can cycle this to save people from death, just like how you use blessing of sac to save people from dying.

Beacon of virtue rewards holy power if you flash of light/holy light anyone affected by it (similar to how beacon of light used to work in previous expansions).

When you pop your wings as well you can do some tremendous healing with Holy Light and Word of Glory filling up half of a health bar.

Popping wings also gives you access to ANOTHER holy power generator, the hammer of wrath which you can merrily throw at people from far away.

I doubt that you’re forced into glimmer, but if you do go glimmer then divine toll leads into it quite well.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.