Holy Power forced into holy paladin is not fun

I’m just curious as to why so many paladin talents were changed just so they could benefit from holy power somehow, this has also left Paladins feeling more screwed over because it requires more buttons/more actions to achieve the same results…

Fist of justice was fine, why was it changed from Judgement reducing cool down to holy power reducing it? Now we need to build 3 HP and if target does not need a heal then it’s pointless? Extra damage was always welcome hence why judgement was such a good ability to tie into the talent.

Divine purpose yet again was fun to play around with, sometimes you got 2-3 Holy shocks in a row and it triggered glimmer too. Now it’s once again… Holy power and Word of glory? Why?

Holy Avenger was a great low CD which made it extremely easy to stack Light’s Grace stacks, push extra damage, utilise avenging light but what is it now? Oh yeah a Holy Power builder and the only benefit using it again is Word of glory…

If all holy power does is make the spec less fluid to play then what’s the point?
It was great in Mop because you had many different spenders/eternal flame/sacred shield etc… making holy power interesting but the current version is just bad and not very fun.

2 Likes

I like the IDEA of holy power, but not the execution. First of all judgement should give 1 HP to be consistent with other specs. Our PvP talents are build around casting holy light which is now almost impossible in PvP enviroment, so we should get old infusion back or Blizzard should change how PvP talents works, maybe then the spec will be more fun to play and less clunky.

2 Likes

Holy paladin without fast cast is the most unfun spec I have played in prepatch so far.

I agree with this. Admittedly, I’ve played on my Holy spec far too little to be able to see the greater picture, but it definitely feels like the problem stems from the execution/talents rather than the idea itself.

Bestow Faith feels super awkward to use as it is essentially a GCD which neither heals, nor rewards with a Holy Power instantly after use. On the other hand, Crusader’s Might requires you to have a lot of melee uptime in order to maximize its benefit, which is not ideal as a healer either.

Judgment needs to also be rewarding 1 Holy Power, at least when it effectively deals damage.

Also, one more thing I’ve noticed (it is probably a bug, I think) is that Arcane Torrent rewards 1 Holy Power for Ret, but not for Holy and Prot.

2 Likes

As someone else said i think the idea is good but how it works isn’t very nice i dont like the fact that some spells we used to have instant takes ages to be able to use cuz of gcds and a lot of the spells u are forced to use dont give any hp

I agree that Judgement needs to reward Holy Power. Otherwise you are forced into melee and expose you to swaps. Yes, you have Shield of the Rigtheous but that costs Holy Power as well and also only helps vs melees.

Yep, I agree, hpaly feels extremely clunky now. Bfa holy priest level of clunkiness. Holy power for judgment and a couple of more holy power spenders or at least redesign of righteous shield would help. Maybe with covenants/soulbinds it feels better?

Tbf holy priest was fine until shadowlands

seems like the heals are heavily undertuned

Healing as holy paladin won’t be such a big deal I think. Why combining Concentration Aura and Venthyr soulbind spell reduces the time you’re locked significantly. 4 sec Pummel turns into <2 sec. You will be able to hardcast a lot and against meele you will use Crusader Strike for Holy Power generation. I remember that in Cata with similar design we had to chase such Paladin that was almost oom for 15 min. because he could generate H Power easily and there was no dampening.

cause you cant have everything and be top healing spec for 2 expansions.

I haven’t played my hpally since WOD after returning to the game and getting my hpally to 50 in prepatch I can honestly say so far the entire spec feels clunky and nothing flows fluidly like it used to.

Bring back mop/wod style.

With Holy Power they actually tried to bring back MoP style

100% agree.

What does this have to do with broken synergy/talents or abilities?

Yeah these loong cast seems annoying…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.