Holy priest bug?

I found something inconsistent with Chakra states and mastery Echo of Light

Some tooltip details first, bold for emphasis:
Mastery Echo of Light - Your direct healing spells heal for an additional x% over 6 seconds
Chakra: Serenity - Increases the critical effect chance of your direct healing spells by 10%, and causes your direct heals to refresh the duration of your Renew on the target

Holy Word: Sanctuary, the AoE heal with a cast time, is applying the Echo of Light effect on every tick.
So then it is counting this spell as a direct healing spell as it is triggering mastery, right?

I then tried casting Renew while in Chakra: Sanctuary and dropping down the AoE heal. (waited for Chakra to come off cooldown before dropping it down)
Switched to Chakra: Serenity while I still have Renew on me and was standing in the AoE heal, getting the Mastery HoT applied on tick, but the Renew duration is not being refreshed.

So it’s a direct healing spell for the mastery effect, but not for Chakra: Serenity refreshing Renew?

Feels like a bug, anyone have any insights?

It was reported in the past. Nothing was done.

So it’s working as intended.

It would have been really nice if PoH or CoH refreshed renews on people but they don’t.

They count as direct spells for Echo of Light but not for Chakra Serenity. It’s absurd but it is what it is.

2 Likes