Holy priest changes

I started playing holy priest again around a month ago and I was actually having fun. I like to play classes that don’t see much representation in the game (like preservation evoker for example) and I was enjoying holy priest very much. I was expecting maybe some buffs due to so many people playing discipline so the specs are brought closer together and then I see this plunder changes…Straight out the gates the talent tree is made worse and on top of that just good ol’ All healing reduced by 7%. Any tips on how to actually keep playing the spec that got gutted so hard (probably for the next expansion or something) for the whole next patch? Any holy priests out there with a different opinion on these changes?

1 Like

I’m no Priest expert and I’m not sure if we can already draw conclusions but I ran some keys and the -7% is so noticeable up to the point that it really doesn’t feel nice. I truly hope I or others discover some new effective M+ build, otherwise I’m very unhappy with the changes. Also, why take away the Empyreal Blaze button and make it into a passive? Holy was already pretty easy to play so I don’t get it why you would take away another button.

Further more, why zero reasoning? Can you at least put up some (small) developer comments on why this out of the blue huge overhaul was necessary or what parts of Holy Priests gameplay wasn’t good enough in your eyes and what you’re trying to achieve with these changes? It’s very odd to not have at least a small dev comment on the changes.

Yeah exactly , cus if you look at numbers holy priest is one of lowest hp output healers in m+ , one of lower dmg healers in m+ and not that good in raid either , I think if you look at all the stats combined it’s actually currently the weakest healer in the game and then it gets hit by this and I don’t understand it. But on the bright side at least i’m back to my preservation evoker now and that feels fun again :slight_smile:

well at least in my build, I basically replaced EB now with divine words, basically I have the same buttons now.

Generally I don’t get what they did with these changes anyways.
Holy priest severely lacks in the aoe heal department for 5 man. Sanctify is pretty crap due to the stacking requirements, prayer is useless and coh is still not good now. With the new build my fully stacked coh just heals for 40k… it has 13s cd (or so?) and players have 900k+ HP, like seriously?

so same old same old… flash heal spam and banking serenity charges. all builds feel still bad. left and right side for 5 mans at least.

Fun part is that holy feels more like a dps now… unfortunately they still did not add any survivability so that holy priest still remains trash as it cannot survive anything.
10% DR on fade while others have 40-60% DRs kek

Yeah I’m trying Divine Word now too but I still keep EB since that’s basically mandatory for M+

Man this sucks so much butt. I’m also ooming way faster, or actually (almost) ooming where before I barely had any mana issues. Maybe it’s just Bursting or something but at first glance I don’t like this rework at all.

At first glance…What the actual F. All of these nerfs to talents/heals with some added additional dps buffs wow awesome tyvm blizz just what we needed for raids thank you blizz <3

Why the pontiflex/divine word nerfs? Was having so much fun using them with seedling.
The only positive change i see is the every so slight improvement in Healing Chorus buff ramp time but other than that every other change is garbo (unless there is some spell tuning i’m not aware of)

F the guy who decided to move Divine Word behind two crappy talents like Epiphany and Desperate times

yes of course you still keep EB.
I just mean the EB button will now just be changed with the DW button as EB is now passive but basically now you will be skilling DW which is basically then a 0 sum in buttons used.

how is this a bad talent?
Basically 20% heal increase for most major mechanics as they usually blast the whole group way below 50%

1 Like

Well, to be honest some talents got really improved. CoH seems like a decent choice for M+ now, Miracle Worker is easier to pick now. Good synergy with Pontifex/Resonant Words.
I wasn’t expecting changes myself, so got confused as well, and didn’t know what to spec at first. Did some 17/18 keys with Divine Word, not too bad, but this talent has to be min/maxed in order to give good output (stacked party). Tried Lighwell, but didn’t like it much as it didn’t provide full output. 50% threshold seems meh.
Will be trying this build tonight (ignore the class side) - BEQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAhQJBJRQaJRScAlkkSAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1 Like

Okay, I did few 18 m+ with this build - BEQA/KVNHBYFUG61hTBXiMbcYSAAAAAAAAhQJBJRQaJRSElkkCAAAAAl0QJJQKkWikIiSJIJhUAA

First impressions are really good. Cycle of Healing synergy with Resonant words seems really strong, 1 cast of Sanctify + CoH pretty much tops up the group and even if not, it will definitely bring you out of danger. Moreover, you’ll pretty much always have stacks of Healing Chorus and Pontifex. CoH did ~10% of my total healing per run.
I did try Lighweaver, but healing from Heal was kind of meh, I’ve also noticed I didn’t use it that much.
But basically yeah, I’ll be sticking with above build for m+ at least for now.
And yes, I also prefer above build compared to Divine Word.
Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Yes, I was not fond of Divine Word build suggested on the M+ guide. I was just thinking switching to a build similar to yours. Thanks for the feedback. I think Resonant Words is the same thing or better than Desperate Times, and with Circle of Healing you proc it more often.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.