Homophobia in roleplay needs to cease

Champyun, I need ye to use yer “heart of Azeroth” te heal mi “woons”!

“Flynn, are you drunk again?”
“No daddy.”
“I swear by the light, i told you to stop calling me that…”

OCH laddae you just posted cringe

OCH before lockdown I worked near Brighton, you would be surprised how common it is to hear almost those exact words.

Oh and to never trust a man called David…

As far as i remember real world and wow are not realy the same. So as long as this hate happens ic it is normal in terms of universe, but it goes to ooc and even whispers that is where you should be bothered.

is it? Can you hit me with a few canon examples of homophobia? Take your time.

2 Likes

Why don’t you first provide example of cannon example of lgbt to begin with? Wow is medival fantasy setting and you expect it to have society of real world?

It’s been linked before, here it is again: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sexuality#Homosexuality_and_bisexuality

It’s portrayal doesn’t crop up as often as it perhaps should, but it’s there.

6 Likes

I personaly can remember of only two sentinels in dragonblight, yet if act of hate happens ic it still matches the setting and should be fought icly or through /ignore. Bringing gms or demanding ban that is overstretch. But if it happens oocly in personal messages for example it should be brought to blizz.

Okay well it doesn’t matter what you can remember, because there’s more than that, in the link that I posted. And if you can remember a canon example, why’d you even bother asking for them? You already knew it existed in WoW. Unlike homophobia, which doesn’t.

11 Likes

So what you mean that it is posible that there are opinions what can be looked only from one side? As long there is opinion there always be people who not agree or hate it. It’s logical, don’t you think? Plus also it is vast space for rp but apparently some people want to live in safe space where nothing happens.

Backpeddle harder if you can. You’ve gone from “homophobia is normal in wow” to “are there any actual lgbt in wow” to “well maybe people should be allowed to RP it even if there’s no canon for it whatsoever”.

I’m sorry that the idea of not being homophobic is so hard on you.

20 Likes

Elenthas beat me to it, there’s also more incoming in the expansion :slight_smile: so, where’s the canon homophobia. Shoot.

11 Likes

Dont think being gay is an opinion either

7 Likes

Being gay maybe not but when you say it loud you express the opinion isn’t it? ANd did you honestly expected blizz to include example of homophobia in their game and cause s. storm on their forums. What i meant that in wow seting it is posible that character CAN(not should) express hate towards different groups and that if it happens icly counter actions should be through ic means too

No, and they didn’t, so it’s not an in-universe thing.

Yeah agree but there are better grounds for such conflict.
Is sexual orientation and human skin colour the only thing you can think of when it comes to conflict in RP?

It’s starting to sound a lot like it is, despite the copious quantities of alternatives this game presents.

So, we have gone from “its an inuniverse thing”, to “you cant prove gays exist”, to “you just want a safe space”, to “i dont have canon examples but its the only way to have conflict in rp”

Anything else you want to reveal about yourself?

10 Likes

WHat does human skin color have to do it.In wow race is not the same as in our world. Or should we call for gm when someone says that they hate dwarf, gnome tauren, orc as it is pure racism?
And yet again if there weren’t certain opinion even if it is hatefull then it never happen.Is it realy that hard to belive that for example in feudal kingdom some farmer couldn’t think that he hates when one man dates another for example, come on…
And yet again about fighting homophobia if you want to fight it, don’t you think that you can cause more damage through ic then ooc?
That i meant by "hiding in safe space"IF you face homophobia in your rp instead of caling a gm you should fight it and in process develop your char even more thought it.

No mate, wrong

14 Likes

Yep it is. Humans live in the same baracks since warcraft 3 and still have peasants and land deed. While orc basicly have slavery at some point.

Medieval with space ships o.0

1 Like