Honest Thoughts About 9.1 Mistweavers in PvP/ Mysticall

Hey everyone, I copied this from US forums made by Mysticall

tldr - they are removing A LOT of our passive healing and we will have a very difficult time keeping teammates alive. Our Honor Talents are a gamble and if we choose the wrong ones the game goes awful. Bring back cancel roll.

Hello everyone!

I want to make this post about my honest thoughts about how Mistweavers will be in PvP when 9.1 launches. I am making this post now because in the recent interview with Holinka, he said they were done making changes/new talents. They are just going to make tweaks to spells. I really hope when 9.1 drops, everything in this post is wrong and Mistweavers are tier 1 healers in PvP

Let’s start with Mistweaver Weaknesses, as of 9.0.5:

• Cannot use ANYTHING while stunned
  • Many pruned abilities from previous expansions (Secret Infusion, Burst of Life, Sheilun’s Gift)
  • Survivability
  • Not a single heal is instant. Soothing Mist GCD is okay if the Meta is slow, but in Holinka’s interview he said they want the meta to be fast. This makes Soothing Mist so awkward
  • No damage reduction spells to mitigate damage (also an issue in PvE)
  • We have so many 3-minute cooldowns that do nothing, it blows my mind. Truly, the only cooldowns we have in PvP are Trinket and Life Cocoon.
  • Half of our Regular Talents haven’t been used in 3 expansions. I can’t remember the last time I used Chi Wave. Statue isn’t baseline for some reason??
  • Cancel Roll randomly removed from the game without any reasoning for it
  • Honor Talents are so specific for situations, if you choose the wrong ones, the game feels awful
  • Need help with avoiding CC
  • Our “new” shadowlands spells don’t work. Expel Harm hardly heals and does NOT deal damage. Touch of Death need to work instantly
  • 0 ways to help close out a game. We have no kick, no purge, nothing to help make a game end sooner. We only have tools to extend games. This is why when Mistweavers are decent, games go into dampening. We only have healing.
  • None of our Covenants are good, literally 0. We don’t have a divine toll or convoke the spirit, but we don’t even have a decent covenant spell that could help us out

In 9.1, they are “fixing” the following problems:

• Survivability: They changed Eminence and gave us Dematerialize. In a vacuum, I like Dematerialize, but when you have to choose that and only 2 other PvP talents, I don’t think it will ever be chosen. It was also recently nerfed. The eminence change is a good change for avoiding setup on you, but if you are actually being trained the entire game, it is actually a nerf to our mobility. If you use it while stunned, the cooldown will be 45 seconds?? That gives the enemy team 2 stun DRs before you get your port back!
  • Peaceweaver is actually a good PvP talent for RBGs, now you don’t have to stack Diffuse Magic/Fortifying Brew to use it against Affliction Warlocks. It is also good for avoiding Magic CC on you for 2 seconds.

9.1 changes that hurt us more than help:

• Counteract Magic Change: not a fan of this change. This guts our passive healing in RBGs and against DoT teams. Normally, you take this talent versus Warlocks/Spriests/Disc Priest/Balance Druid teams. The problem with it, is that the buff you place on a teammate only lasts 10 seconds. That’s a HoJ into Fear or Bash into Cyclone. This is the same reason many people stopped using Surging Mist. The buff just doesn’t last long enough. Also, we are losing a lot of passive healing.
  • THEY ARE NERFING CHRYSALIS??? Life Cocoon is the only spell we have that we rely on to keep teammates alive. Also our only “instant” healing.
  • Refreshing Breeze Change: eh. Right now, this buffs our best heal by 20% (Vivify). This is great for RBGs/Arena. They are changing it to make our Expel Harm heal more and dispel. This essentially gives us a second dispel, which is pretty good versus mage teams. But will I ever take it versus a mage team? Probably not. Chrysalis and Zen Focus Tea are mandatory, the third is either Grapple Weapon if it’s an RMP or Eminence to stop setups. But yet again, they are removing passive healing when we are one of the healers that need it the most.

Our Honor Talent Situation
Here is a scenario. You are playing against Walking Dead (ww/dk) in 3s. They are known for killing Mistweavers, so your PvP talents are: Chrysalis/New Eminence/Demateralize. These are our best tools with dealing with teams that are focusing us. After the first stun DR, the other team realizes you are a bad target and they swap to your teammate. Guess what? None of your PvP talents are helpful with keeping your teammates alive. You don’t have Eminence or Disarm or Zen Focus Tea. IMO, this is a HUGE problem with Mistweaver PvP talents, as they aren’t general enough. They are too specific for certain situations, but are useless in any other situation. I hope this makes sense.

Suggested Changes:
I am not a game developer, but I have played 3,000+ games of Mistweaver this season alone and have been #1 Mistweaver in 2s for the better part of this season. Here are some suggestions:

• Endurance Conduit or Chrysalis that makes it so you can use Life Cocoon while stunned. I don’t know why they refuse to allow us to use Life Cocoon while stunned. This would help so much with dealing with being targeted or deal with being CC’d to death
    *Revert the Counteract Magic change at least. This is just too much healing we are missing out on
  • Make statue baseline and replace it with Secret Infusion. Secret Infusion was such a great spell with so many different uses and situations. Good Mistweavers would be rewarded when used properly, but even newer Mistweavers could take advantage of the extra stats
  • Make Burst of Life a passive again. Life Cocoon is normally used right before a stun or crowd control on you. Right now, if I use it right before I get Poly’d, I am going to leave polymorph and still be far behind because teams go through Life Cocoon easier than a Power Word: Shield.
  • I feel weird saying it, but drop Dematerialize and give us Nimble Brew. It is in the game for Brewmasters, and this would help with stuns/all the CC we sit if we push in
  • Give us literally ANY utility. A kick, purge, SOMETHING to help make a game end sooner
  • Give Life Cocoon a damage reduction. I hate saying it, because it really feels like Mistweaver relies so heavily on Life Cocoon, but with how it is now…I don’t think much is being changed soon. This would help with dealing with teams going straight through it
  • A better damage reduction: Give Renewing Mist some kind of Damage Reduction. This will reward Mistweavers that keep it up on everything and teams with purges can outplay it by purging it. Maybe not the best, but I will take anything at this point.
  • Bring back Cancel Roll
  • Down the road, our PvP talents need to be more generalized and not so specific for certain situations.

I know this was a long post, but I just want to stop being declined from every group in LFG. There may have things that I left out, but I tried my best to get it all out in this post. Mistweaver is truly the most fun spec in the game. If it wasn’t fun, I wouldn’t have been playing it this entire time. Would love to hear from anyone who reads it!

-Mysticall

17 Likes

Good to see how much u love MW monk ^^ I hope blizzard will buff it until the wow community accept MW monks in m+ groups.

3 Likes

Good that you spread the issues about this! If Shadowlands wants to succeed more people need to talk about what they feel could be improved upon, so the developers can look into it! Liked. :sunny:

2 Likes

( Arena Mistweaver )
All those Tierlists , rankings and Cringe Youtuber made all them Arms player not wanting to play with Mistweavers anymore, Arms ist the best Arena partner for Mistweaver but they preffer every other healer and I think Mistweaver is hardly viable with an Arms but it really is hard to find someone doing it for free lol if your having an arms friend who is still playing arena with you send him flowers or something.

Edit: Im not Mysticall just a Rival Monk but ,

Dematerialise could habe been baseline np

2 Likes

Thanks for reposting this - absolutely shocking how bad they left mw for the entirety one of the longest seasons of all time, had to unsubscribe in the end since couldn’t get invited to even 1.9cr grps in 3s despite having 2.7xp and 2.4cr in 2s…instant decline for mw and its going to take major buffs to change that perception. 9.1 not looking good at all right now hopefully there will be some additional major tuning changes before or soon after season starts…

3 Likes

This is the bit that’s hurting me right now.

Yes, MW seems to have some buffs for all types of content in 9.1.

But those buffs make us… average? Ish? We might be the HPS champions in raids (to be confirmed), but in the absence of utility spells we’re still going to be very questionable in M+ and no more than mediocre in PvP. Even if we do shine in raid HPS, if you have 1 healer spot and it’s MW or shaman and you have neither… you need that spirit link. Sorry MW.

And then you look at the stats, especially high ranked PvP where there are 6% as many MWs as there are holy paladins…

Average-ish and mediocre isn’t good enough. MW needs to be buffed hard for a patch (or two) to recover and allow players to recognise that we’re worth having in their groups. As it stands, I’m not convinced we’ll be any more wanted in 9.1 pugs than we were in 9.0.

First time ever since rolling monk, I’m considering maining something else for a season :pouting_cat:

3 Likes

Removing the GCD on soothing mist would be such a huge step in the right direction. It really feels so awkward and clunky having the GCD on it.

1 Like

Would be a little op or?
Macro and never get kicked…

Hade mot read all comments, but i am looking for something that provides a team some utility like a disarm or being able to help stopping incoming dmg and especially from melee’s since we are martial artists, and should have atleast a defensive that makes us dodge and parry Alot of melee attacks or something like that!

And they should make blackout kick , RSK and tigers Palm to cast gust of winds and imo buff the dmg of blackout kick and Tigers Palm or cause the enemie to suffer from a debuff being hit!
RSK should Also receive a clearcast buff from using BK and not only resetting the cd! I would not think anyone would complain if a mw-monk would get a free charge of RSK and cause it to be free of cost and maybe even buff the dmg of that kick by 50% aswell?
Sure it sounds alot and combined with the 250% healing legendary i know some of u guys sitting and whining, but have in mind that it requires a healer, that are having the worst surviving toolkit in the game, to go in melee range to use it, and it is on a 12 second cd of u forgot!
I am actually not even kidding if i Said that it should be able to score a serious strike and crit for 15k or so before ppl starts to say its to much! We dont even have a slow or interrupt and neither do we have any defensive cd to protect ourself and fight, and its fking redicoulus how 1 healer can be so fking useless and not have better pvp-fistweave-panda-martial arts cds with the class already!?

I love how ww have the storm earth and fire with 2 charges and wonder why its not a base ability that works for healing and damage as it does for ww?
A great dmg bonus and a perfect buff for healing that is in line with other classes!
And make serpent statue baseline and the celestial should be a longer cd for ST-healing that Casts by Itself, and not like a copycat that use its ability when i do!
And it should be able to activate when stunned, but only be up for 12-15 sec om a 2-3m cd, and protecting its master in first hand all the times!
I hate this one that we have and i wonder every single time WHO designed that sh*t after using it because its so bad!
And being forced to pick the red Crane talent to make it work properly with the class on the cost of serpent statue is not right!

I could sit for so much longer and just be mad but comon guys, really?
Its not better than a bot of not having dmg reductions for the grp or being able to use debuffs ( like disarm or demo shout ) on the enemy when it pops wings… and as i mentioned that we are a martial arts class without the ability to defend ourself and its funnier the More you think, as the tanking spec is the tankiest of them all and i mean tankiest by the fact that they tank the dmg and not rely on a great selfhealing mechanic…

1 Like

I think the big problem is that we have almost 0 instant healing and the meta is fast which is also something blizz strives for according to interviews. When a teammate goes low we have to soothing mist->enveloping mist->vivify spam. This is almost impossible to do if you get out of a sheep vs 1 or 2 range kicks and your teammate is dying. So you have to spam fake kicks which also result in a dead teammate.

A really nice PvP talent would be something like to increase the healing of expel harm by 200% but increase its cooldown by 100% and get the full effect without having to cast soothing mist.

2 Likes

I would:

-replace “sun kick” with “jadeflame”(azerite flame +3)
-“Dematerialize” Baseline
-“Cocoon” usable while stunned
-bfa’s “way of the crane”
-10% More Health passive
-Partymember should apply “Mystic Touch” by themself

I’m not Chris Kaleki but this is what would make the specc good enough for its masters to atleast reach 2100cr

remember that mistweaver is currently played with arms/retri/unholy/dh (2s)

arms + dh/dk/enhanchement in 3s

arms being mandatory in 3s aswell the grevious is making up for the non existend damage ( or chances do do damage) ( which azerite flame fixed in bfa)

Blizzard didn’t adjusted mw at all to the new meta they just nerfed mw’s defensives (Crysalis, Brew)

1 Like

I really don’t understand why Fortifying Brew got nerfed. 25% DR wasn’t exactly amazing, but at 15% it’s questionable whether it has ever saved my life even once.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.