Honor and it's impact in WoW

No, those quests are once per pvp season, otherwise honor level 500 would be easy.

1 Like

Those quests are once per season.

At least the honor level progression is linear. No diminishing returns, no exponential growth on the levels curve. Steady 8800 per level, all the way from 10 to 500.

Itā€™s a massive grind. Imagine that people are complaining heavily about farming 30 000 honor for rank 3 BoTE essence. Thatā€™s mere 3 honor levels with some spare change. Three. And the top reward is level 500. Over a hundred times more. Just imagine the scope of this grind.

But this isnā€™t meant to be grinded until burnout. If you pvp regularly, say 15-20 bgs per week and you win half of them, you will gain a few levels each week. Like 2 or 3. Play like this for the entire expansion and youā€™re honor level 200 without even caring for it.

I wish we received some conquest each honor lvl gained. Like 100 conq or something. Conquest isnā€™t any sort of prestige anyway, you get 50 per win from PvP islands which are very easy to win.

The issue I have with the new system is this: I hit max prestige in Legion, the new system put me at around level 207. Iā€™m 275 now. At 250 my reward was a mount I already have, and at 300 I get a title I already have as wellā€¦ :man_facepalming:

Plus at least in Legion you got gold/AP each level, now each level takes a lot longer and you get nothing. So yeah, in case it wasnā€™t obvious, I am not happy with the current system. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Without ability to travel back in time I am guessing this is one of the quickest ways. I heard about that in Legion, soo unfair :scream: :sweat_smile:

Also the same from what I noticed, I kept seeing the pattern of very low geared player with very high honor so I had to ask what the deal was. I was expecting somebody who farmed in Legion but nope, just honor farm.

Those definently factor in also, a win a day per character is much more rewarding than spamming the activity on the same characer, also new players.
Conquest is probably the biggest driving force for the more casual participants (yet I wager casuals still prefer bgs rather than arena which is better for conquest).

I also look at this achievement and think multiple years at a sensible rate. Is fine really given the cosmetic nature. It does show that honor can have influence on how bgs act out or at least players within them

Memory makes me think some of these quests are repeatable sooner and that would still be per character. Still, having them once per season possibly gives even more incentive to bring low geared 120s in to get them done, I think thatā€™s silly, players shouldnā€™t have to swap characters like that for a boost to their honor gain, should be gained for performance in the actual bg rather than heavily nerf gains after first time.
I see this fairly regularly, every other game is usual.

Completely agree, conquest could have been more abundantly available in things like bg along side this and it would be an improvement to the pvp gearing situation, conquest is pretty much what honor used to be but the gains are very similar to what it was priorā€¦

Definently wiggle room for improvement at the least!
PvP and BG pvp in specific only real thing Iā€™m looking at in regards to shadowlands, Iā€™m hoping for change, for me this will be a game breaker. I can see vendors done wrong if not done right even, so here is to hoping.

I wanted to add but not specifically at any poster here - currency rewards like this have potential to drive BG activity in interesting ways.

Korrak as an example here, when this was released many players realised that supplies from the mines would reward them also, for many all they wanted was mount so they filled in those work orders - that had a profound impact on some games and could change the battle.
I like the way that interacted with the bg and how it was inclusive for another type of player who did not solely want to pvp but could contribute to the bg success still(warfronts look to me like they had great potential as pvp bg also).

Currently much of the epic bg efficency is tied to quick wins and losses, the currencies available currently donā€™t really contribute to healthy competition or pushing players to perform better in their roles.

Wintergrasp for example, itā€™s better overall to have a losing team concede so the others take the main objective asap, after the first battle many players will leave because of this, instead of having a system that rewards players for increasing their rank or taking workshops/mounting a strong defence or offence, which would give incentive to stay around and contribute to the battle in some form.

2 Likes

Yeah, you can for sure do them one each on every character. Thatā€™s true. So if you have 50 level 120ā€™s and you do 1500 honor quest on each, thatā€™s 75k honor or 8.5 honor levels per season. And there exists maybe 3 - 4 quests like that each season iirc. So maybe 30-40 honor levels per season if you have maxed out ur acc with 120ā€™s. Thatā€™s hardly a boost for honor gain imo, since youā€™d have to spend an insane amount of time firstly to get 50 characters to 120, u would gain honor much quicker by just spamming bgs on one 120. Iā€™m pretty sure atleast.

1 Like

Thanks for more detail I appreciate it.
Those quests on top of the daily bonus that only provides a decent reward for first win
I feel like some of these quests are repeatable too, much sooner but Iā€™m taking your word for it on that (iā€™ll try actually take the quests more often next time :laughing:)

Large part of this is how itā€™s often not efficient to stay and spam epic bgs on a single character, or stay and fight a losing battle. There is no incentive to do so, honor does not promote healthy interaction and conquest at 12 per win (after first) is terrible. In this situation, both contribute to having more low ilvl players because they are very ineffective currencies for gearing that are better awarded for one win per character.

Why is it this way? Honor is account wide anyway and conquest gear would allow players to compete or better gear alts if they did this. The pvp gearing system has been terrible but so have the currencies abd how they are obtained/rate they are obtained.

Situation has been getting worse for me in epics, I seen people asking for longer deserter debuffs etc but really I prefer to see conquest and honor actively awarded for playing objectives and excelling in your role than how it is currently which is a passive reward all get at same rate for W or L. Helps lead to passive play and players who dont contributes I think. Doesnā€™t do much of anything to promote more teamplay and objective that for sure. Especially when the team hits the downward slope and a loss looks likely.

Also upon second/third reading It occurred to me

Given the type of grind it is currently and players that pursue these kind of insane achievements, seems like it would be worth it, at least if you already maxed many accounts during this bonus exp or Korraks prior. I maxxed everything during those, 90-120 in 3-6 hrs. Per char
Nearly 10% of 500 honor level overall at a much faster rate than staying and playing. Some of these quests like 50 artifact fragments or a storm crystal are very fast and easy to get and the quest alone can award 3x what a long drawn out loss would!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.