Honor and it's impact in WoW

Hello honourable reads of wow forum :wink:

Honor level 500 - is this not one of the longest grinds in the game currently?

One of the quickest ways to farming it is to have many 120s and que epic bgs, do the daily quest for 1.5k honor on each.
Another is 5 player premade random bgs? and the weekly quests?

This leads to:
Low geared characters in bgs (due to slow and inefficient gearing solely in pvp)
Mass leaving if no a quick loss or no quest objective met.
Higher loss ratio for Alliance - I have no stats to back this up(over 12 years most of my chars are near 50% ratio), but if I wanted to farm honor it would make sense to play/merc alliance for faster ques, at least if I was a player to actively farm it (and players do).

I really hope for PvP content in future, easier access to gear (from what I hear) is promising. Any hopes for an overhaul to how honor is gained?
It can really drive games and how players interact with bgs. It would be great if honor reward was based on individual performance.

Thanks for reading, welcome any comments.
How do other players feel about honor? I guess not so much now it does not directly buy you gear, but in the sense that if it was impactful to progress, how would you like to see it rewarded between bg/wpvp/arena or impact interaction in these? or maybe you like more PvE based activities, rip comp stomp/supply quests in av/korrak

2 Likes

honor is just a cosmetic prestige system, its not meant to be efficient anyway

Ye, it used to be much more impactful, I liked it when it was currency for vendor, gear, potions, mounts, enchants, gems, all kinds of stuff, for me that is how I see it at its best. Conquest giving more elite items. Now it’s all completion and vanity based, also this has indirect impact I believe, that I mentioned in OP.

No idea if honor will be reintroduced as currency for incoming vendor, somehow I am thinking no, actually I’m dreading very little will change in regard to how honor is gained lol :sleepy:

1 Like

Conquest is the ‘‘replacement’’ currency, honor is just a prestige system. And why would they make it easier to get? That would just devalue the rewards

Now I see player 300-400 honor level in bg, 100-200k hp, I know they que because they farming honor, it prestige but it also impacts game because of lack of decent gearing outside conquest in bfa D:!

Just having vendors is gonna help a lot assuming we get currency for gear in typical bg play. People will farm honor still also, especially if it was currency once again, if that was the case again it could definently be used to drive bg interaction in certain ways.

I dont know if i worded it weirdly, in Shadowlands: Conquest = old honor points

Honor = call of duty levels, completely meaningless vanity progression

Ooh, that is a bit different, I did not know that! Good to hear!
Conquest now it is possible to gear but takes very long, you cycle 500 conquest at a time and select gear (you can’t even check azerites before you pick ;’[).

Vendor even with conquest will be much better than now, hopefully it is easier to obtain in normal bgs also, 8/15 conquest after first daily is pretty poor for epic!

There are no daily quests that grant 1.5k honor.

1 Like

Here’s how you should consider honor lvl 500.

Are you close to that level? Keep at it.

Are you not? Give up. Waste of time.

lvl 500 grind takes years of farming. You’ll kill all the excitement and joy you have for this game looooong before getting there.

there is one in epic BG.

They need to nerf honor. 8800 per level is too much

3 Likes

Just epic bgs, wintergrasp for a win, Ashran for killing the boss and handing in 50 frags, AV killing the boss and handing in storm crystal range from 500-1500 per, some daily and some weekly I think. Seems to be one of the best ways to farm honor as solo player, just do these quests on multiple characters.

Yeah for most players I think this would be more typical, you can farm it hard if u want but majority definently don’t go to extra lengths for it.

I don’t mind that it is a long grind, is nice when there is some events to speed it up.
I guess these honor quests do contribute but kinda punished if u spam bgs on same character over and over :\

The biggest flag is a must-have for blademaster orcs and Stormwind warrior soldiers.

If it wasn’t for how indispensable these pennants and banners are I’d say people don’t know what they talkin’ bout when they think a 2-3month in Classic for rank 14 is bad.

Can’t beat that feeling of grinding honor for a few months to finally get the honor level for a banner…

lol

But it looks good on the characters. That’s the point.

1 Like

They all look very similar, I was kinda hoping they looked more distinct from eachother.

Well, the glorious pennant looks fine enough.

1 Like

The one there that doesn’t look the same as the others - only requires a humble 175 honor level! :grin:

I think people farm the honor maybe because they worry they might remove these things in future, these things do happen D:!

No. The quickest way to achieve honorlevel 500-2000 was simply just having like 10+ rank 26 chars in legion and then being converted into honorlevels. Thats why people upon bfa prepatch ran around with honorlevel 700+ already. Right now its way more time consuming and you got cheated by a bad designed system.

2 Likes

I think it’s mostly only proper PvP players that I’ve seen with big honor levels.

I only got my last Artifact PvP recolour when having to grind out the PvP essences. I’m still only 98 and 500 just seems something I’m never going to attain.

I think there are probably other contributing factors to low geared people in Battlegrounds, like the first Conquest reward being a weapon, when the weekly quest is up, people will often do those on multiple alts, same as when there is a quest for a specific event like comp stomp, AV etc, people will cycle through to farm the marks of buy transmog (name eludes me this moment in time).

I think it will take me over a decade to hit 500 :joy:

right now you could just limit it to 1 level per day but thats as fun as being forced to do worldquests. and even less fun if it gets nerfed on the run to it.