Honor grind is the most unfun thing ive done in a while

why even bother trying? i get deleted in 2 seconds, going afk in the corner and watching netflix is the only way to make grinding pvp gear bearable

8 Likes

147 ilvl. That’s not even trying before joining. I didn’t start PvPing until I had full covenant and some random mythic items. At least at 200 if a hunter pet farts on you, you won’t die.

3 Likes

True but if you wanna pvp then you don’t wanna go into pve to get gear to pvp…

You again hit the nail on the head

If that’s the case why cap pvp gear at 197…and why start it so low…

PvP needs to be a differing style of gear ilvl to pve with its own stat or wod scaling.
It can be ilvl in open world matched to rating but in instsnced pvp ilvl can then scale to be all within 10 ilvls top to bottom…

This will at least help stop the rofl stomp crud we have now…

Hence why if you want to be clever like me; you farm up to 15k as you lvl in BGs at 51 until 54 or 55 ish, then the rest as you will.

That way you will have decent starting gear (full pvp gear). :slight_smile:

1 Like

It shouldn’t have to be a grind.
…especially one that stops at 197.
As soon as my alts hit 60, they’re pretty much shelved.

3 Likes

i have full convenant gear at 183 - can confirm i still get deleted in one global by some classes.

1 Like

197 is fully upgraded. Even at 215 I still get deleted if caught without defences. I remember jumping into a BG at about 175-180 and a feral bit me twice and I fell over dead. Once they BG ended I spend the next week and a half farming anima and mythics to get full 200 gear before returning because it was so bad.

It felt immediately Better - but that was about mid January. I’d like to see low level entry lvl 60 bgs made. The alternative mate is to queue for 50-59 BGs and just farm honor in them / it’s much more forgiving. And I think is secretly blizzards answer to new lvl 60

this was true on every xpac till legion templates and in bfa where u didnt even gear for pvp in pvp.
being hopelessly weak when first starting in bg (esp this late into a season) is a given. i have done my fair share of gearing in bgs over the years and i can say it was always horrible at first if you are not keeping up with the majority of population on terms of gear.

what blizzard should do, and what the real issue here is, change the queueing system to be gear based, make gear brackets and that should ease the gearing progress.
mind you even then i feel like if you dinged 60 and went straight into bgs it would likely be bad.

1 Like

and my other characters which i play are 190ilvl

what was your point again?

That PvPing in 50-59 bracket will allow easier honor games and is more forgiving than playing vs people who have gear.

I hope this was clearer.

I genuinely think this is why blizzard allows 60s to be scaled down to PvP in lower brackets. So you can play and gear up before entering end game. Separate brackets are good in theory. Bad if you and your friends are all different ilvl so it wouldn’t work well.

It doesn’t have to be that complicated. Just create a separate “Non-gearing BG system” for casuals. You never get gear, and gear never matters, so you can just focus on playing and winning, and both sides are always as equal as humanly possible (also make sure there’s equal number of healers - if only one side has healer, then make neither side have healer(s)).

Simple, easy, and fun. But of course Blizz doesn’t want it, because it might be fun for someone. Games have to be serious grind and tears and pain.

2 Likes

Just subbed one month to try pvp. I have to admit, that I had very good time getting delete ppl with judgnment + meele with shadowmourne back in wotlk, but ppl were undergeared three major patches. Now I cant have fun farming honors which are unbelievably timeconsuming to farm. Are BGs fun? just two guys have 2 bilions dmg and you have roughly 150k. (rets healing more then you do dmg :D) funny getting deleted without offensive cds trough deffs in one or two globals. even with 15% verst + trinket bonus. BFA made me quick pve. This game istn rewarding like back in time. Do you remember any piece of gear by name? Guess not. Now its just slot ivll primary stat and two secondary stats. Why we need too many hidden small any boosting stats or spells? Missing set bonuses, even legion Legendaries bonuses. Not farming bulsh*ts to get bis bonus cuz they are obiously cant be balanced. Missing TBC, WOTLK, CATA. But dont want them play again as Classic, but see expansion in this way

This! I would really like that. PvP should be about skills and teamwork, not about gear.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.