Honor not transferable

So, as it turns out, Honor is not one of the transferable currencies.
And the Account Bound tokens are not sold by the Honor vendor anymore.
So there is no way to dump Honor to an Alt anymore.

Wasn’t the Honor transfer via tokens one of their examples for how currency transfer is being improved? At Blizzcon? Didn’t they at length talk about how buying, mailing and using tokens to transfer currency sucks?

So the “improvement” consists of removing the possibility altogether?? :thinking:
Back to good old peak-performance Shadowlands Blizzard again! :partying_face:

Seriously: Did one single braincell get activated while deciding on all those great changes that went live today?
Are we back to “Don’t you guys have phones?”

I’m so damn happy I did not preorder TWW. My subscription is also already cancelled.
I think I’ll do the same as with Shadowlands and just completely sit this one out.

9 Likes

I checked this straight away and was disappointed as well

1 Like

Wait, we can’t get marks of honor anymore? Wtf kinda braindead move is that?

I think they’re talking about Honor points, not Marks of Honor.

2 Likes

Were there other tokens you could use honor to buy that were account bound?

All I know is that Marks of Honor which are physical tokens that you can keep in your bags or bank are account-bound. Honor you gain through winning or participating in PvP events is exclusive for the character you do PvP with, and it seems it’s a currency that’s not able to be shared across your alts through the warband system.

Makes sense u have to play ur char to get gear.

2 Likes

Makes sense to me. Would be weird being able to twink alts with PvP gear without them having to touch any PvP.

If i have to guess it will be doable once either tww starts or s1, and the item you could get to dump honor from a char to another by mailing it is not there anymore cause once honor becomes transferable with the new system the old one would have been useless, can’t check all the problems appearing in the forums myself as i won’t be home for some days but this is my guess

The item I’m talking about was called Medal of Honor.
I even explained what they were used for to avoid confusion.
But I’ll explain again, just for you:
They cost 2500 Honor and were account bound.
On use, they gave 1500 Honor back.
It was the same clunky type of conversion Blizzard explicitely mentioned in their lengthy Blizzcon talks…

And to anyone saying it’s good that it’s gone: It’s not.
We’re back to people in leveling gear getting one-shot instead of being able to at least get green pvp gear with some versatility so they can at least be useful to some degree.
People getting one-shot is boring for both sides in PvP…

3 Likes

This was already in the game to begin with, they just removed it in the prepatch. Not sure if you are trolling.

Oh, those things. Then yeah: if they truly did remove them from the game then it’s a huge “L” since as you said, people with low-level alts will no longer be able to buy PvP gear that scales.

None of the currencies I’d actually want to transfer are eligible for transferring, like flightstones or crests. I understand the rationale, but it makes this alleged QoL feature useless to me.

Somehow they always manage to just miss a perfect win by adding unnecessary limitations. It’s the same with Warband transmogs: class set pieces can’t be learned by other classes, so you still need to run raids with class set drops with multiple classes. They almost got it right, again.

1 Like

How can they be so bad? So basically they f-up the new system, and removed the old way, so there is today no way to transfer honor. I just leveled up a mage hoping to PvP with it, I guess I won’t… Jesus, good old Bliz…

3 Likes

Bump on this. Leveled alt just to be able to transfer them over and now they’re gone?

3 Likes

okay,if you have conquest you can atleast buy boxes and transfer via mail to your alts,and you can generate conquest gear… It’s not great but hey its something :slight_smile:

Can you tell me which boxes are transfer-able to alts? I have tons of Conquest but dunno what to do with it. With Honor I buy the 5000xHonor boxes for Rousing Ire to sell in AH.

It’s on the last page at the conquest vendor in Valdrakken. (Draconic Equipment Chest).

No it isnt, as you can buy badges with it that you can transfer to your alts to get base honor gear with. WHats the point of farming honor on a toon that has 900 hp at the end of s4 and everyone fully decked out in tier sets. Just let us get some honor gear for our alts through our main…

Each and every currency should be transferable, basically, all characters must have access to every perk. It must be as if you play 1 character with 10 different classes, then and only then it is going to be fun to have alts.