Honor reset?

It’s on mmo champions…

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Overlords of Outland, the next phase of content for Burning Crusade Classic, will expand the game’s raid offerings to include Tempest Keep, where adventurers will face off against the fallen blood elf prince Kael’thas Sunstrider and his loyal council, and Serpentshrine Cavern, home of the naga leader Lady Vashj.

Starting with the patch install on August 31, players can look forward to various features going live over the next few weeks:

• On August 31 with the patch install:

• Looking for Group tool
  • On September 14 with server restarts:

• PVP honor reset
    • Arena Season 2
  • On September 15 at 3:00 p.m. PDT:

• New raids: Tempest Keep and Serpentshrine Caverns
    • New daily hubs: Sha’tari Skyguard and the Ogres of Ogri’la
    • Guild Banks
    • And more!

And where is the source for that? If you can’t find it, it’s probably not true.

Wait, what? So mmo champions patch notes are not to be trusted now?

Why would you go to a 3rd party site for patch notes instead of the primary source?

3 Likes

Ok nvm, thanks for contributing.

Also, the actual patch notes on mmo champion clearly states it will not reset.

This suggests that Arena points will not be reset until season 2 begins, on the 15th.

Honor will (should) not be reset at all.

If you have honor cap and arena points still at the end of the season, the arena points will change into a small amount of gold instead of honor.

So, you have the week between the 7th and 15th to buy S1 at reduced price with your points from s1.

Where does blizzard say that?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/burning-crusade-classic-patch-notes-252/1080289

• Honor will not be reset at the beginning of Season 2.

And if you look about 10 cm above that it says " PVP honor reset".

If you actually click the link it will take you to the us forums, not mmo champion. The word reset is only used one time there. That is in the sentence I quoted.

Take a look at the MMO-Champion post again. If you scroll down to them actually quoting the patch notes, below their timeline, it says that it won’t be reset. MMO-Champion made a mistake.

I just googled this which is from bluetracker.gg

• When Season 1 ends, there will be a one-week offseason.
  • Honor will not be reset at the beginning of Season 2.
  • When Season 2 begins, any remaining unspent Arena Points will be converted to Honor Points at a rate of: 1 Arena Point = 10 Honor Points.

Source

It is super weird, because that’s alot of missinformation and misscommunication from Blizzard, not a surprise tho.

It makes 0 sense to reset honor and convert arenapoints into honor ratio 1:10, because that would make players with higher ratings have even more advantage compared to the average casual PvP player.

In my case, I’m stockpiling honor and marks, so i can insta buy the s2 offset gear whenever it is available, or at least, most of it.

If they reset the honor points, which would be super weird again, they better do something with horde queues lol.

What’s vague about “honor will not be reset”?

If they would it would read “Honor will reset before the beginning of Season 2.”

This is the info MMO champion used to make that blue post with no source, the author must have got confused by “regional reset” thinking it means honor reset

So will there be honor reset or not?
Cause if there will be honor reset, some of us should stop playing BGs now knowing that earning honor now will be a total waste in 2 weeks.

Some blue post would be nice to clear this thing up.

Read the patch notes, it says exactly what is going to happen. There is nothing unclear about them, read them.

2 Likes

in the local media

Scroll up one post and you’ll see a blue post about it. Honor will not be reset.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.