Hopes for dh talents in dragonflight?

with beta looking to be close i got wondering about what would be cool too get in df and personally id like to see the old artifact trait inner demon come back along with the bloodlet trait and and the trait from the legendary Achor, the Eternal Hunger (would help in pvp a ton), id also love for them to make the pvp talent demonic origins be somewhere on the tree, would be awesome to have more freedom of use of our metamorphosis in m+ and just in general :slight_smile:

anyone got any ideas?

No. I have no hopes. Will wait and see.

Im hoping they finally relinquish it from being the “child of the pruning” and give it a proper rotation, some flexibility and see the class fleshed out options wise.

Im not going to get into the whole argument regarding difficulty, everyone knows pretty much every class has been gutted in regards to both depth and complexity over the past few expansions.

But given that DF looks like their finally returning to core class fantasy, instead of basic class builds with borrowed power to try fill it in. Itd be cool to see what they could do regarding DH.

Also.

This is prolly old given i think people complained about this from the very bet

• pls make metamorphsis more interesting then a Long CD burst button, a huge core flavor of the class stuck behind a huge CD doesnt feel amazing. Would be awesome to see some it more woven into the class rotations instead of hitting it once per 5 minutes for a burst.

If all falls through evoker looks very cool.

My only hope is that they make the 3 current builds (Beam, Momentum, Blade Dance) all competitive so you can choose the playstyle without losing 5k DPS.

And please remove Sinful Brand…

2 Likes

dh will be pretty empty, maybe we get some torghst powers in our tree, there is a possiblity that the only ability they will transfer from shadowlands will be sinfull brand, ofc without unity effect

Prolly get the unity effect via another talent tied to it tbh they seem to like bolting them on.

But yeah DH will likely just get more passive effects, blizzard see very against expanding it or adding any complexity to it so id expect it to remain pretty much as it is.

only real wish i have is that fel rush is changed to be more like the hunt, or failing that let vengeful retreat and fel rush have same amount of charges and same recharge time

It needs to be permanent, like warrior stances, you just switch into meta, they can reduce the power lvl ofc and create another 2-3min cd for DH.

Meta needs some serious changes.

• Chaos strikes in meta should always refund fury, you should NOT have to spend time in your big CD to hit like a limp d***.
  • The baseline abilities should all be scaled and not just 2 of them.
  • A lot of our talents should be baseline abilities.

Also they need to be more original with their build options.

2 Likes

I agree with this, meta should feel more impactful than it is.

Id argue it needs a complete redesign and you should get completely different abilities when in the form as simply empowering existing abilities is dare i say it boring.

on another note I hope they give thought on allowing customisation of the demon form. I think it will come eventually as they plan to open up classes to more races.

I hope for a complete rework so that DH doesn’t feel as barebones as it is.

Oh, and please keep the hunt.

Some are in high hopes that by not getting to look at our talents this long means they are working hard to make them good, but my instinct is telling me they are not focused on DH at all and have very little occupation with us while they work on other more important classes to them.

Could be wrong and i hope i’m,but if they are bad i’ll probably cross the line i’ve been struggling to and start to main Hunter,at least with them u can always be sure 1 spec will be fine.

The Hunt will make appearance in DF so this is out of the doubt best ability from SL expansion for DH.
On top of all the Leggo effects being baked into the tree, I would like to see Essence Break ability to get some synergy.
Couldnt agree more with Metamorphosis being bashed in here, the 4 min cd for such small amount of impact.
Eye Beam is another problem, its weak and its more of a utility ability rather than damage.
Inner Demon is one of my favorite Legion traits, so would like to see that returning, even if its random, this was one of the abilities that made Chaos Strike somewhat AoE.
And yes, please make DH a proper rotation, spamming abilities is fun, but all of the specs in the game have some sort of rotation to work with, where as here is more like mindlessly pressing Chaos Strike when everything else is on CD.

And where is double jump on ground mounts that we have been promised? lol

We can only dream, but from the massive ignore we got in SL i hardly think someone is working on a decent tree. they all play those meta classes.

I totally get why you feel that way but I think they are actually going to care for 10.0. At least the dev responsible is gathering feedback and listening. Afaik he also did the rogue trees which I hear are quite good.

Other than what’s been already listed I’m just hoping they get to use their wings and fly like druids in their travel form.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.