Horde vs Alliance Faction Balance

So i was wondering how the faction balance is right now. I’ve heard there are a lot more Horde players, is that true? I want to play alliance so i was wondering how hard it is to find groups for mythic+ and partners for arena on alliance side?

Depends on your realm type, on the ‘Normal’ Realms, Horde has the edge in numbers, we don’t know exactly how much, the last -factual- evidence suggested 52% Horde to 48% Alliance, but that was a good few years back now. We don’t -know- percentages, but it definitely seems to be the case that Horde outumbers Alliance, on RP servers the difference is even more pronounced, the last -factual- evidence stated 75% Alliance to 35% Horde, but again, that dated from the same time period, so we have no idea how the percentages stand now, but we do know that Alliance has about a 2:1 advantage on that Server type.

Then you’ve got the ‘Hall of Fame’ which has absolutely no bearing on numbers or percentages at all, as the subject market is so small. Streamers will Scream, but Hall of Fame really is no indicator of overall Faction balance or lack thereof, however, well, Outrage sells, so some people now think that the Hall of Fame means only 28% of people play Alliance and 72% play Horde.

Which it doesn’t, it reflects nothing of the sort.

Across the board, you’re probably looking at a 60-40 split right now, but the pure truth of the matter is that none of us know, and anyone saying they do know, likely has an agenda.

We can but guess, basically.

2 Likes

You will most certainly find enough people to run mythic+ on Alliance side. Source: me, an Alliance only player. It’s not like Alliance is dead, just not really popular because most streamers and top guilds are horde and the sheep just follow.

While that is true, there are still way more people on Horde, which makes pugging (especially as a DPS) way easier.

Source: Me, a player that plays both factions.

The Alliance will always be the superior race, but like all popular things, we get hate and bias against us by those with an inferiority complex.

2 Likes

You really are the human paladin stereotype, aren’t you? :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.