Hotfix July 15 -- Horrific Visions

Yeeh make it instead cost a key to open the chests, not to enter.

1 Like

I stopped going in that godawful place 8 weeks ago at cloak L12. Anyway it will all be history pretty soon.

ps. I have 798k Coalescing Visions which I would gladly give away if I could.

I dont care anymore. visions are now only a grind for (potential) sockets.

470 :wink:

Sorry type just woke up.

But unless someone is desperate for minmaxing they do not even need all those sockets and echoes.
My DH has finished the 5 mask solo runs and is steadily clearing timed +15 as well as a few mythic raid boss kills and I do not even have any extra sockets from the vendor.

the only reason to keep doing some level of visions for me is to get a cheap malefic core or to try to get the void edge illusion.

I don’t think they would spam them to such a extend where every piece has a socket. Not with Shadowlands around the corner. But it would still be more fun than the current grind, so why not let them?

Horrific Visions are bad by design. The itself can’t even cope with overlapping mechanics, so any nerf is warranted.

It’s one of the most annoying as it has the tendency to proc in a way you can’t get out, and you’re basically stuck for 8 seconds. Every time this happens, it feels like the scene in The Phantom Menace where they have to pause because the doors close while fighting Darth Maul. Besides of the 2 points you mentioned already, I think this summarizes that it is problematic.

Good. Screw vision affixes. Worst design ever, they deserve any nerf they get.

boohoo. It’s the end of 8.3, in a few months it wouldn’t matter anymore anyway. You think it matters that people get 470 gear from it? I’ve already gotten loads of 465 and 475 gear gear on 3 characters from Mythic raiding and M+. 470 + corruption gear was a reason to run visions, which is 100% gone now that we can buy corruptions.

I keep saying this, getting stuck is a l2p issue, slamming your head on the wall and giving up won’t solve this.

Visions are supposed to be hard.

But… I like visions… or liked them when they were hard, if anything they need buffs or adding more masks.

They’re the end game of a new progression route never seen before in WoW, making them trivial and reward almost mythic level items makes no sense to me.

If you don’t like this type of content, feel free to go for raiding / m+ / worldquests.

Problem is, this is happening to whole content over duration of patch.

Funny thing is, people who take visions slowly and in methodical way qithout rushing’ have much much higher success rate, than ones who just goes balistic reactive way.
Main thing to succeed horrific visions is just simply not rush it.
Only runs I failed was I tested if I can pull full areas of mobs at times (where I’ve learned my max) and tried to go fast.
But ya, these 2 were over-tuned a bit, and anoying when was overlaping with boss mechanics. The cases where you see you will get split personality and have to stop, but suddenly you see boss will throw some stuff on you or slam, you are forced either to get hit by boss or risk to be hit by your split personality for 4s.

I’m a (casual) feral druid (ilvl 460), I’m easily completing 2 masks full clear, but 3 masks is nearly impossible due to the increased damage I receive (75%): druids place dots on the targets, and their effect is not immediate : I’ve not enough burst dps to manage 3 masks. (I’ve optimal cloak and skill tree).
As a casual player, (not able to raid or m+), the visions were an exciting content, full of challenge and reward, until I hit this 3 masks wall. Being able to make 3+ masks would allow me to get better gear, and progress towards the 5 masks achievements.
I’m somewat disappointed that the nerf do not touch the heath and damage % increase: I don’t want to reroll to another more efficient class.
Of course I’ve watched a lot of videos of feral druids (easily) running 5 masks, but they are always ilvl 470+. (I can also make easy 2 masks runs @ilvl 455 :slight_smile:) .
As a non raider/M+, I do not claim to reach the toplevel of the game of course. But for my class (and gameplay, which of course may not be optimal) , the wall is too high @3maks. That’s a pity, because all the previous steps were perfectly balanced, and I really enjoyed the progress.
Devs, can you please play feral from time to time :wink: ?
Thank you, have a great day, and many thanks for BFA: I really enjoyed it.

No it isn’t. There are dozens of issues with the maps alone. They aren’t made for this content, there are ways to get stuck in all zones because they used the original maps, which aren’t designed to facilitate this content. Not to mention that getting stuck is not a l2p issue, you can’t control which side is open.

They are supposed to be challenging. They are not. They are just obnoxious.

Good for you, the majority of people I play with hate them, others find them boring after a bunch of runs. I hope we never see content like this again. Go play a different game if you want this kind of content, it does not belong in WoW.

+15 key runs are also trivial, and much easier.

Which I would do, if it wasn’t for the dumb design around being forced to do visions for cloak upgrades. And no, I won’t waste 2k echoes for a core (which is only recently added). Not to mention that world quests are hardly something you can can call content, as it drops an ilvl that’s not even enough to properly raid with.

Wow, never seen anyone with 80 vessels worth, max was 27!

And as for the madnesses, leaden foot was particularly annoying on example magister, and more so on a class which can’t trivialize it, I know as a warrior even without heroic leap ready, you can move slowly so you don’t get many stacks, but this takes a lot of sanity in that area, whereas as dk you could just run, and were never slowed at snail pace due to death’s advance passive.

Split personality was imo the worst of the lost areas, cause sometimes you can’t exit it and you lose a lot of time, in that sense that it persists 5 sec instead of 6 won’t be a huge difference, we’re just gonna have to run into disorient now in such cases.

Also curious, the changes happened around 3-4 a.m. today, well before the reset, I’ve experienced them in sw, seems a lot more reasonable.

Nope, since it give rewards like echoes, mementoes which used to buy corruption sockets.

Thorgast “main wing” rewards locked behind weekly reset.

Leaden foot didn’t really need a nerf, but circle of clowns was hella annoying in the narrow streets of Stormwind.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.