How about in game diary?

We, players are the heroes of Azeroth, mighty champions of Alliance and Horde.
I just wanted to imagine how it would be. You know, spending days while traveling from one town to another, getting lost in capital cities. Simply having those little talks with vendors about what is happening and witnessing how little does they know.
Overall a little streching for our beloved universum. I sadly joined in late WoD so I couldn’t experience Legendary WotKL or classic WoW firsthand but still I’d like to put my main characters and few (just not main) others. I am not a skilled player and rp is a little complicated, but I know how to tell a story and for so long time I was thinking about sharing it or not.
Tell me if it is alright to post here short stories like dear-diary-I’ve-comfronted-Sire-Denathrius-but-swooping-gargoyle-stuned-me-and-stuff-happend.

Also if you want it, correcting me about lore stuff would be apreciated too.

1 Like

Sure it’s alright. There are all sorts of threads, from post-by-post RP to forum tag type games to short stories. In fact, if you posted a diary thread which was designed to be open, you might get more people adding their own character journals which could be fun.

1 Like

Thank you for reply! This is my first post and I did not know if the idea is welcome, or postrayed as childish ff stuff.
Anyway, I will try to show whatever I was thinking it would be.

One day after Teldrassil was burnt down.
Silvermoon city.
I could not believe. After once again, bigger enemy was defeated, Sylvanas has decided to make Alliance our enemy once more. I could agree about economical reasons of war. That Azerite is important and nearly cutting off Alliance from Kalimdor seemed reasonable, if only… If only Azerite was not our world’s blood. If only the Azeroth would not be in danger.
If only Teldrassil would still… be.
I stood up. Drinking more wine will not help, even if it’s the best one. As one of the best mages in the Silvermoon city, I will be called. What is more, knowing Sylvanas I will need to answer, well at least once.
Does not matter that what she did to Teldrassil was so similar to what was done to us, Sin’dorei.

I approached to window. I was able to afford one of the most expensive places to live, which comes with a view. Even if our town walls are high I could still see the ucurable scar, the path that Arthas had walked and painted trough the middle of our lands and even royal palace on the other island.
I am afraid, World Tree will not grow up back to its former glory if at all.
It was beautiful night, so calm and chilling, but nothing could ease my heart as I felt approaching storm.
I wonder, if it was always her goal. To make sure that Alliance and Horde will never live in peace. We had Shattered Sun Offensive which could serve as a bridge between Blood Elves and Alliance, but Sylvanas helped us join the Horde. Then at the infamous Wrath Gate her Forsaken made us fight again.
Now she is a Warchief. I wonder if some of her assassins did not sneak to wounded Vol’jin to whisper her name.
That’s enough. I should go to sleep. Tomorrow I should speak with my sister. I already know that I will try to evade calls to not be set against mages I have known from the Hall of the Guardian. I don’t want to find myself in the middle of battle against that Arathi woman I have known from Draenor… and I will make sure, I will not.

1 Like

Written just a few weeks ago during the ‘Death Rising’ event.

It be cold here in Icecrown. Not cold like the Barrens at night in winter cold, but like, Drakkari breath kinda cold. Why do people even be living in Northrend? This place be the pits. It be like a pit at the bottom of the pits.

We be fightin a lotta undead here. Nobody from the Urgent Crusade people be telling us why exactly the zombies be goin crazy like this. Me and soma the troops took turns tryin to ask the COs why all the walk-in corpses be buggin out, but we only get half answers. One o them finally told us it probably be connected to Sylvanas…wow, whoop de doo, like we didn’t know that already.

I guess it not be so bad. We be gettin paid to bash heads in, and we don’t even gotta feel bad wondering if the people we bash got families afterward. You know, on account of them already dyin before.

(There’s a series of scribbles on the page, followed by a few spaces. The remaining lines of this entry contain even worse penmanship than before, if such a thing were possible, and look like they were written in a hurry.)

Weird horn be blowin outside. Zombies. More. The laborers screamin. Some death knight, not the good ones. Gotta stop them

1 Like

Stormwind
The day that Teldrassil was gone.

The Fearless, the frontline, a paladin who would never yield, but when there is no need I am just Ceres.
‘Aw, c’mon! This bag is damaged, can you guarantee me that I will carry it to home and not lose all flour?’ I smiled at the vendor.
‘Girl please, my daughter is about to get married. I need to have proper dowry!’ I pretended to think about changing my mind, but I would not.
‘Five silver discount!’
‘One silver.’
‘TEN silver discount!’’
‘Mercy please!’
‘No mercy!’ Old man looked at me with shock, but he was too tired, so he just nodded.
The thing was, this particular man was rising his prices during the Legion invasion so people have learnt to avoid him particularly. I guess he did not learn his lesson, mostly because I would buy flour elsewhere but it was already evening and I wanted to go home as fast as possible.
‘You…!’ He shouted as he noticed that I’m hiding the bag of flour in my magic backpack which is making small anything that you try to put inside it.
‘Shouldn’t be so greedy earlier old man! Farewell!’ I laughed leaving his shop.
Harpoonbeak was waiting impatiently as always. I wonder how a gryphon can behave like a sassy cat?

It would seem this is a normal, boring evening, as usual. Until I got some height.
There is a limit to which you can fly up, and when I noticed trees moving behind town walls I needed to approach to investigate.
What I discovered got me chills.
So many portals, Ancients of war mostly damaged. The smell of sulfur, and so many Night Elves, so many were crying but the amount of injured ones was truly terrifying.
I landed near one I was recognizing. Beluryn, female warrior, my fellow friend from Draenor.
‘Beluryn! What has happened, what is that…?’ She was our shield, a restless guardian, but when I landed with Poony next to her, she seemed broken.
‘Ceres. They… We couldn’t… Teldrassil… it is gone’ Her whisper sounded like she had no life nor strength to carry such thoughts in her mind, but her words hit me hard like a hammer. World tree, wider than a whole town or even more! I would need DAYS to fly around it and it was GONE?! Then I figured it out. The sulfur smell. Who… who would put fire to hecking World Tree?!
I leaned to hug her.
‘They will pay. I promise.’

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.