How are warriors supposed to survive in arena?

Aside from the obvious “get gear”, how is an arms warrior supposed to survive in arena without having a pocket healer? All the classes have self heals, immunities and a ton of other things, while all we have is retaliation

1 Like

Defensive stance, spell reflect, ignore pain. But you need a healer, that’s just how it goes and that’s how it has always been. Warrior is amazing in PvP at the moment, needing a healer is hardly a reason to complain.

The main reason you specifically can’t survive is you’re ilvl 190 and you’re fighting people mostly above ilvl220.

If a class needs another class to be good, that means it’s not “amazing”. It just means it fits a niche, and it’s much weaker outside that niche and specific comps and circumstances.

If you don’t have a pocket healer friend or a healer partner in 2v2s, you might be playing the worst meele class/talent spec. I assume dk is on the same level, but for different reasons. You do die hard, but have no means to sustain yourself past the first minute of the fight. Dk dies faster, but has some kind of self sustain.
Either get a healer and enjoy being OP while he is around but weak otherwise, or go fury and be strong on your own, capable of 1v1s and playing without a healer. You will not be as efective as Arms with a healer, but will be more then Arms without healer.
Guess warrior is one of the worst picks for a player who wants to play solo/no support. Maybe with the 9.1 changes this might change, as all other classes have become strongly self reliant over the course of the last 3-4 expansions.

1 Like

For Fury it’s even worse. Half the 2v2 arenas I tried I was dead in a stun lock through enraged regeneration. Ignore pain requires rage, thus I couldn’t even use it. Spell reflect is pointless during this stun lock. Warpaint required you to be enraged.

9.1 won’t solve this problem, the design of PvP in WoW and the strength of stealth are part of the problem.

This is a thread about Arena, not dueling. If you go in with a healer you’re one of the strongest specs in the game, if you don’t like that then play something else because that has been the case for Warrior since arena was added.

The only reason this guy cannot survive arena is because he has no gear, but you’re complaining about water being wet here.

You literally contradict yourself. You just said that the only reason he dies so fast is his gear, and then you go on to say the only reason the dies so fast is him not playing with a healer. So which one is it?
You can’t always play the “meta” heal-warr, what if your friend or guildie is another dps, what if you don’t like the slow 5 min games of mirror heal-dps?
You will OBVIOUSLY get one shotted with bad gear this late in the patch.
I just presented him another spec that COULD be a bit more tanky / usable in 2v2 WITHOUT a healer, because of the self sustain and somewhat bigger burst during cds. I never said Fury is better then arms with a healer, or has more utility.

Warrior is one of the most represented classes in 2’ higher rating. They have giga damage and utility. It is relying on a healer, and if paired well you will be unstoppable. If you wish to play a solo class - you might want to switch to another class. You just cant have eveything on one class. Some tradeoffs must be made :slight_smile:

All the classes have self heals, immunities and a ton of other things, while all we have is retaliation

The imunities are dispellable, and most of the heals comes with a tradeoff, interuptable or only heals for 20% health on a 2½ sek cast. You got Fear, Slow, Stun, Short interupt, Mortal Strike, Sharpen Blade, Shattering Throw … the warior list also goes on :slight_smile:

I know it does not always feel great to rely on others, but thats the class.

1 Like

No class is perfect man, the grass is always greener. The point I’m making is that Warrior has its weaknesses and that’s just how it is but in the end Arms spec is one of the strongest you can pick to enter an arena. And if you wanna PvP as Fury in BG’s then sure go ahead, it’s fine for casual random bgs.

I did a bunch of PvP last night in BG’s on my 2nd Warrior which is Fury, ilvl218 PVE geared and SMF. I crushed in those bg’s just because I had more gear than most of the opposition. That’s the reality of it, gear matters a hell of a lot and the OP’s gear is very low. With all gear equal Arms isn’t great 1v1 but in a group setting it’s very, very good.

Yeah, judging from the OP post I already assumed he wasn’t aiming for 2.4k+ rated arenas, just casual Rated stuff. Pretty much any spec can work up to around 1.8-2k, if you have reasonable gear. At that rating you are probably more interested in having fun and enoying the game, playing the spec you want or with your friends, etc, not into ranking/glad push/etc.

You hit the nail on the head. :hammer:

If all 3 plate classes had the same solo PvP capabilities, I would have gone with Warrior in a heartbeat. Warrior is fast, it feels powerful, and the two dps specs have amazing designs.

But the self-healing… :sweat_smile:

Yeah Warrior is unfortunately created for people who loves playing socially or with friends :confused:

In every “solo PvP rankings” I have seen, Warrior has ALWAYS been at the very bottom. Death Knight being slightly above Warrior, and Paladin being one of the top solo PvP classes overall.

Hence I currently play a Human Pally :sweat_smile:

So yeah… the Warrior dream is far reached for us “solo PvPers”…

I remember playing my Druid against a Warrior a month ago, who had twice the health as me. I had no issues fighting him because of my utility and healing.

It’s too bad that a Paladin can with one press of Word of Glory, heal the amount that it takes Fury (Warriors “best” self-heal spec) to heal using Bloodthirst 23 times :joy: So yeah, even Fury is stupidly incapable and WILL loose against a Paladin in a duel. Unless there is an extreme high skill or ilvl difference between them of course :sweat_smile:

But credit where credit is due… Warrior IS amazing with a healer, so if you go into arena as Arms and you have a healer as a buddy, you WILL feel amazing in PvP and should be one of the top DPS classes for THAT style of PvP. You just shouldn’t expect to pick Warrior and do well in 2v2s, if you have another DPS on your team. Or in duels/WPvP. It just isn’t designed for that :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.