How can druids get out of the "perma root" from kyrian spear?

asking for a friend 10 char.

No, the only things that break it are displacement effects like Transcendence and Warlock port, as well as cloak since it’s a magic effect.

Well thats what I thought but in skirmishes today I had a balance druid literally just run out of the spear and it kinda killed our kill pressure :stuck_out_tongue: no immunities etc on it or anything. Unless anybody can fact check if Kyrian spear DR’s with anything?

Not 100% sure if true or not, but people are saying Spear of Bastion appears to be on DR with knockback effects so ring of peace for example DRs the tether effect. Not sure if that helps any.

1 Like

Might help explain what happened yes, one could argue spear might DR then with Sundering/Thunderstorm?

If someone has a ton of free time, this is a subject that could use extensive testing and no one has bothered so far.

In wowhead’s page, a monk reports he is sometimes able to use Transcendence to casually teleport out, and other times, the same monk, using the same Transcendence, gets pulled back into the Spear 60 yards away.

So not only do we not have a list of which abilities are supposed to work against spear and which are not, it seems even if we had one, it wouldn’t be as reliable.
I’m afraid that unless you want to be that hero who devotes his entire day to testing and figuring things out for us, your best bet is to just throw the spear down and cross your fingers.

Warlock portal still gets pulled back by spear.

I know greater fade works for priest, what about the nightfae blink?

Seems to be a bit hit or miss. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Not sure if Spear is bugged as warlock teleport is the same where it can sometimes pull you back into it, even through LoS.

edit
I tried Soulshape on my druid within spear earlier today and it pulled me back in 3 times, so didn’t work that time.

Covenants are a mistake.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.