How can I skip Shadowlands campaign and change Covenants on a lvl 70 alt that already started the campaign?

I was leveling in SL until the start of Ardenweald on a character and now I can’t find any ways to skip the rest of the campaign, change a Covenant and so on.

I already completed all of Shadowlands content and all campaigns except Kyrian afaik, on my main back in SL, but it seems there are issues skipping the campaign on characters that have already started doing it while leveling now in DF. The Treads of Fate NPC has no dialogue for skips, and neither do any other NPCs in the Covenant room in Oribos from what I’v seen.

Did anyone else have this issue and are there any ways of skipping the story after an alt has started the campaign during leveling? I don’t even know what quest I dropped it on when I moved to Dragon Isles.

About the Shadowlands Skip, I have a post here about that:

Thanks for the links, looking at the Fatescribe Wowhead, this looks like some incredibly stupid limitation that they never bothered to resolve post-DF.

So you can utilize ToF on alts AT lvl 60 if your main has completed the campaign once, but you can’t do it AFTER level 60 under the same circumstances? This makes 0 sense and it puts a massive story grind in front of people who have already completed it but didn’t bother to research the limitation now that we’re in a completely different expansion.

I don’t have any 60 or post 60 alts that haven’t done SL at some point to test out whether they can choose ToF, or does just starting the campaign mess up the option forever.

2 Likes

I should edit that post with the newsblog but they announced it was entirely intentional with the Dragonflight patch.

It was removed for leveling but from what I’m getting from reading user comments on forums and WoWhead, you can still do it in DF if one or both of these conditions are met:

1. You didn’t start any part of the Shadowlands (zone) campaign.
  2. You are exactly level 60 and no other level.

I’m not sure if you can do it post-60 on chars that didn’t touch SL since I don’t have any to test it on, but it still seems very arbitrary and unintentional if starting the campaign has anything to do with the availability of the skip.

My guess is that Chromie Time is messing it up (if engaged), and messing up your game world status.

The problem is that once you start the leveling campaign the associated NPC with threads of fate is found at the opposite corner of Oribos. I haven’t done enough testing but I think people just can’t find it and assume it’s not possible.

It’s not possible.

my priest i leveled during dragonflight’s pre-patch simply can’t skip it and i refuse to do the campaign again just because of weird limitations
prnt.sc/3is4ZnkNalLZ

It’s the right NPC it just doesn’t have any options to skip it, on the far eastern end of Oribos opposite of where the SW/Org portals are.

1 Like

For all the people who were scared like me that you can’t skip the Shadowland Story once you did something wrong. For me it worked to skip the whole Shadowland Story and have the Threads of Fate NPC, Dialog etc. This is what I did and what i had beforehands:

• I started the Shadowlands campaign with another character before BUT never finished Shadowlands (just the first area) => Dont now if this had any effect but i just wanted to point it out
  • I leveled up a character via Chromie in Warlords of Draenor until i got Lvl 60 but NEVER accepted the initial Shadowland Quest before
  • Accepted the quest that popped up from Chromie telling me I should come back to Ogrimmar => Did that via the Scroll she gave to you
  • Accepted the initial Dragonflight Quest once i arrived at Ogrimmar => Dont know if that had any effect either
  • Talked to the NPC that initializes the Shadowland Quest (was not visible as i was Level 60 now)
  • Talked to the other NPC next to it which gave me the option to skip the Intro and got to Oribos
  • The NPC for Threads of Fate appeared right before me after some delay

OT, but freakin’ hell is leveling Covenant Champions so painfully slow…

So either you save up and dump XP books on a fresh and ONLY champion to have troops scale up with off renown rewards, or spend 10k anima (!!!) for a meagre 5k xp book.

My Champions been sitting on 45+ for weeks not hitting 50 yet!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.