How can one be so foolish?

Can you elaborate on this a bit further? In other words, to get something to the developers you need to impress the GMs here?

I suspect a new and original idea would get passed on but I’m sure in the US they have Dev Brainstorming (If you can still say that) sessions where even the wildest ideas are made and discussed, I mean look at the selfie camera and it’s upgrade.

The problem is there are very, very few original ideas posted, maybe 1 in 1,000 posts contain something that hasn’t been suggested before.

No, you post it using the ingame suggestion, also the GMs don’t read the forums, Community Managers do. The devs don’t want a 10,000 word essay to read but a short idea, which is why they say use the ingame suggestion system.

If you can’t condense it to a few hundred words then is it really a good suggestion?

3 Likes

Yes, pretty much what Dottie said.
Devs are developers, they spend their time making the game not reading forums.
GMs are customer support staff who help when something goes wrong and don’t post on the forums.
Community are staff who read the forums and, I would imagine, pass on anything that’s innovative and/or has a lot of support.
But the best way to do it is via ingame suggestions unless you want to see what others think first, in which case post in the forum then in suggestions.
Hope that’s a bit clearer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

laughs nervously

But for some its quite fun to do it though,

Your heart is in the right place, the topic comes off a bit strong though.

They can read, but as personnal like us.
We don’t know if some like read the forums for fun too sicne they can be one of us.

1 Like

This is true, but they don’t do it for work :slight_smile:

I mean you’re part right and part wrong.

Yes, Activizzard does not care about the EU forums. Daddy Ion himself said he doesn’t care about them.

On the other hand, making a suggestion that people spread always has its merits. And top threads on reddit sometimes reach devs as well.

Also it just helps to vent. People love venting. And venting on the forums is a surprisingly easy and somewhat healthy way to do so.

You’re annoyed by corruptions? Make a post explaining what you don’t like about them and how to do it better. Show that you can be smarter than all those people getting paid for thinking about WoW stuff.

Venting is great.

Mus be a worgen rogue, cause they are observing and reading quietly but also shape shift to look like one of users. :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.