How can there even be talk about re-enabling layering

You have overcrowded servers becasue lack of it.

Or enjoy your queus!

1 Like

We rather have queues than 400 players in total, like retail.

2 Likes

No that’s not what I mean. If you open a NEW server, without character transfers, some people will just go and play there, start over, simply because they like to do that.

You can’t enable layering because this is doing exactly what you don’t want: it gives the perception that server population is fine, thus allowing even more players on the server. This will only make it worse.

1 Like

Rerolling fresh on a fresh server with fresh progression was a common and popular thing used by private servers and I would say we will see Fresh somewhere after Naxx if the traffic won’t drop hard down. TBC release can also create fresh for those wanting only vanilla classic.

The problem is those are existing players and not new ones. They intentionally allowed more players on start banking on sharper decline with time.

you do not speak for everyone

2 Likes

The only ones in favor of layering are probably the ones, that never experienced a “no layer” Server from the start.
Example: You can´t even compare the current classic wow realms to a private server in terms of community.
I play on Firemaw and before that i played on Lightbringer. It was night and day in terms of the social aspect.
There is no such thing as a community on classic wow. Layering made sure of that.

Reenabling layering will only give the scum exploiters yet another way to make gold.

4 Likes

how about to improve your cheap servers blizzard?

capitals, mass pvp, blackrock mountain lagging

it really feels like blizzard turned into some indie company that can’t even compete with kids hosting something in moms basement.

5 Likes

It´s the same with every company really. Cost cutting. Maximise profit no matter what.

Just make the shareholders //executives happy, thats all they care about. I work for a insurance company and they do the same.
Customers complain but they dont give a rats a s s as long as the higher ups get their bonus.
I really love this game, but i do not have any hope that it will get better any time soon.
Botters, gold sellers, inferior servers you name it.

6 Likes

Layering needed to die in a very hot fire. Please don’t bring it back for any reason.

The problem is overcrowded servers. Layering is NOT the solution. It will only hide problem, create a host of other problems and allow the overcrowding to get worse.

2 Likes

They’re sabotaging their own game so they don’t have to admit to themselves that the game made 15 years ago by people that have since left the company has more charm and soul than the game they are now putting their creative effort into, turns out it’s a bitter pill for devs to swallow when players mass prefer the old game to the new and improved one.

The game that their predecessors made is clearly way more popular than they want to admit or that their professional pride will ever allow them to admit, like George Lucas not understanding why people liked star wars the WoW devs are completely blind as to what people liked so much about Vanilla, it’s gotten to such an embarrassing level that shadowlands and BFA have gone to quite some lengths to restore class functionality stripped out by the D3 team in legion.

They’re just spending expansion packs worth of new content undoing the things they did before I mean is anyone keeping track of this? or am I the only one noticing how appallingly clueless the WoW team and designers have been until they finally snapped to pressure and released classic in the state it is in now where almost every single problem with classic can be traced directly to blizzard and how they are handling the game, you know with bots now much more rampant than was ever the case in vanilla, the batching problems where it’s clear the server doesn’t have prios sorted for interrupts feign death and vanish which results them behaving even more slugghisly than before, the assumption over 60 to 70% of players checking out classic would quit (they didn’t), the layering, the lack of server on launch and even for per-registry of names, I could go on but I think most of you know the list yourself

8 Likes

That’s true. But reenabling free transfers from all overcrowded realms to a variety of non-overcrowded realms would be the obvious first step. Instead, they suggest to re-enable layering despite it being so harmful.

And many people actually agree, because it’s the best they can get. Because Blizz don’t suggest any alternative - sit in queues or swallow the solution that’s only the “best” because it costs about zero $$

You act and sound anti retail yet you post from retail char ?

Did you missed it ? it already happened?

You act and sound as if you can’t write english yet you spend your day posting some weird stuff no one can unterstand?

So i was right ?

Guess i will ignore you too you can not even argue.

Should teach "arguing " as subject in schools.

1 Like

No.

Who cares? But you should leave this forum in general.

Yeah, right after english.

There’s no point opening a fresh realm now, especially whilst the game is currently on-going.
Like the current “dead” realms, I highly doubt that many people would reroll now.

1 Like

Please no to layering. But improve your servers, its unplayable in SW before someone pops the head.

3 Likes

Free transfers are only from Firemaw and only to 3 realms, 2 of which are what they call “dead”…

If there were transfers also from Mograine, Gehennas, whatever others have the queues, and also to more realms, and if they closed paid transfers to the overpopulated realms, then the problem would disappear without any layering.

Your full servers go FULL just in 10% of time of day when rest of day there is no queue.

and was nto before you wanted classic expereince= queue enjoy!