How can you beat SP?

At the moment, SP has almost all the tools to ensure that literally any class dies within 10 seconds from dot-homunculi-SWDs. At the same time, he can use CC-silence on you or simply go to the cloud while you die. Tell us what class you have and what you do with it?

1 Like

Bring a raid group with you

1 Like

You have to be shaman to beat SP. Those days broken pvp class can be defeated by another broken PVP class.
Peace!

1 Like

Well… you can be a hunter with a lucky crits. You gonna die anyway, but you have a chance to do it after SP. And because most of OP classes are just rerollers from weaker classes, they are mostly not much experienced with this class, so being experienced with your class is also a huge portion of success.

I have a hunter and a druid (balance), but in both cases if the fight is initiated by SP, then I have practically no chance of winning unless I use Restorative Potion.

dispel dots, dispel their buffs.
silence them.
stun them.
interrupt (spell school lock) them.
git gud.

another ez solution to beating SP is to simply roll paladin, because speaking as someone who recently rolled SP for #&" and giggles, this is the only class that has a super-counter response to quite literally everything my class can do.

they even get the ability to trinket fear if they have the rank 5 pvp trinket, and the clever ones will be running tremor totem aura (yes thats what we’re calling it) to counter my one trump card even harder.

the only thing a paladin can’t do to me is dispel my buffs. they have a SPAMMABLE response to everything else i got in my toolkit - with the only exception being the void eye pet which for some reason come with a bunch of warlock curses on steroids (see curse of tongues) - however even these have a downside as they are on a 3 minute shared cooldown… but also lasts 3 minutes which is just busted lol.

all this being said; dispersion needs to be nerfed… did you know pain suppression exists in SOD? yeah me neither, because everyone is skipping out even this fantastic ability because dispersion is just flat out better.

As an affli SPriests are the easiest prey usually. Silence them → cast UA (if they dispel it just cast it nonstop lmao) → Dispel their silence → put all dots → dont’t come into their fear range → fear them nonstop.

peak dishonesty here.
priest can dispel void plague too.
stop acting like being able to dispel diseases is a horde-only thing.
on top of that paladins can dispel magic which is 90% of SP dots… they can even self-cleanse ALL of SP’s dots (INCLUDING VOID PLAGUE) by using their bubble… the fact paladin players refuse to do so because they tunnel vision on their dps output above all else, is a gitgud problem.

1 Like

There are plenty of classes that can 1v1 a sp, assuming both players are equally skilled and use their buttons.

Enh shaman : you simply have to spam cleanse disease while running the priest, make sure tremor is always down, spam riptide on cs and purge. If you connect it’s over for them.

Warlock : Unstable affliction and stay in drain life range you win.

Rogue : if you open properly from stealth with the full cd resets and tea they will die 100-0, at most they might dot you before dying which might actually kill u lol.

Ret pala : spam cleanse while running, play rebuke, sacred shield and divine storm to kill pets and heal. If you can stick to them you win.

Druids and mages : have it a bit rougher, they have to try to heal a bit during the fight and pseudo reset , it’s still 50/50 though.

Hunter : play ranged and if you can max range them while pet attacks you might force dispersion early and then finish them off, else go all out and hope for the best lol.

Warrior : accept your fate.

1 Like

As ele shaman i could eat sp for breakfast on Classic. Roll ele shaman

Only way to kill A SP for A rogue is Max burst spec with Pve assa build. Open with stun and blind dispersion og trinket. Vanish / reopen 5 stacks of deadly on / cold blood into envenom and the monster is dead. Then die to dots while sitting and eating food! Kek

is this where i go “just bring luffa/potion of cleanse-this-CC/dot” like rogues do whenever they are confronted with the nature of their classes BS design?

Just wait when cloak comes. The only thing ill do is kill Sp whole day long :rofl::clap:

Every time u press disperse ill cloak into Vanish!

1 Like

oooOOooo i quiver with fear

1 Like

It was sarcasm anyway. What you say is all true.
Peace!

Restorative potion can dispell from priest

thanks, that was the joke.

a warlock with unstable affliction easily beats a sp
assume a sucubus pet: seduce him into curse of shadows > demonic grace > unstable affliction > corruption > curse of agony seduce breaks haunt into life drain, no matter what the priest does now it’s game over
assume a felhunter pet: do the same but open with blanket spell lock to ensure he doesn’t silence u on your unstable affliction cast then repeat same rotation
getting unstable affliction up on the priest is the win condition

This post didnt age well. You die in 30 + sec now so you have time to run away. The cant catch you anyway, all those pve heroes are not running mind flay, after pvp nerfs, dots dont hit that hard. And since you are a paly, time to swap art of war with regen on boots because YOU NEED TO CLEANSE

Berny just stealths and only opens when shadow priest is 50% hp or less.