How can you choose a server? it feels there is no Horde

It does not seem to be “official data” from blizzard though. I was on Kazzak, I had to move out to avoid the queue. I honestly did not know where and I did not know that a server could be missing a faction entirely. Sylvanas is listed as high pop but there are like 6 people in Orgimmar. I think it is weird. Also I don’t see many players from other servers. I don’t understand it.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

2 Likes

you mean the game? I have been playing for a week i have no idea what are you referring to.

Remember to avoid Kazzak and Draenor

1 Like

I actually ran away from that, but i feel like it was a mistake choosing sylvanas :sweat_smile:

There are several sites that will give you an indication of the population and it’s faction divide:-

I would avoid any of the realms that have had big queues recently and in particular the ones mentioned in this post.

Doomhammer+Turalyon group have a decent active player base on both Alliance and Horde.

Ravencrest has no Horde
Silvermoon has no Horde
Kazzak has almost exclusively horde but massive queue and server issues due to the sheer number of people
Draenor is the same as Kazzak.
Twisting Nether same as Kazzak and Draenor

Stormscale has almost exclusively Horde, but less than half the active player base as Kazzak. So probably no queues.

Ragnaros almost exclusively Horde, not sure about the queue timers on the server.

EDIT: This is from personal experience, or friends from servers that are mentioned.

Reason why I don’t know about Ragnaros or Stormscale, because the players I know from those servers aren’t online right now.

So the answer is that i made a mistake using my free transfer for sylvanas right ?

That site is 4 years outdated. The only alliance realms are silvermoon, Argent dawn, that German realm and that Russian realm.

Is the realm really so important though? Can I be in the same guild and play? I mean i can tolerate an empty city if I can still enjoy the content. I wanted to join a guild honestly but there is nobody.

Sadly I don’t think Sylvanas is in a group with other servers. As such you can’t join a guild from another server.

However, as per usual, Normal and Heroic cross realm raiding should be available from the get go, and once 100 horde/100 alliance guilds clear Mythic the Mythic raid opens cross realm.

But yes. Sadly you might have dropped your migration to a server that is unfavorable to you.

Most if not all the servers are one-faction dominated. It’s mostly because once people decide what faction they are on a server they want to only play one faction because that way they can send mail to all their alts and making a char of a different faction on the same server would be counter-productive

Okay so I asked for a refund because I don’t want to play anymore. I the got shadowlands one accepted, so let’s see about the subscription. I was so excited but honestly after a week of only queues and now a server where I am the only horde is really bad.
I wish there were more info for new player like me, because I feel there is no space for new player if you don’t know what to do.

I’d submit a support ticket and see if they can sort this problem out since you didn’t know about how one-sided the servers are

Stormscale is a very popular horde server and has no queues or lag.

But apparently customer support can’t really do anything about it. What kind of ticket should I open? I have an open ticket in my refund request because I had to appeal. Is it the same ? or should I open another one?
Plus I read that free transfer can’t be changed so there is nothing I can really do about it.

I did not know that so many choices where so important. Playing a “social” game alone so to say, is not fun during a pandemic. Well I hope blizzard will give my money back. I paid for 6 months in adavance.

Yeah I’d definitely try opening another ticket and explaining this situation like you did here. If they deny the request then you’re forced to pay 25 euros for the server transfer, level up a new char or unsub, I’d personally level up another char but I’ve been playing this game for too long and could probably do it in 3 days :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I definitely don’t wanna give more money out at this point, but it is also the feeling, because these are not really issue of the game per se, it is just technical. On the one hand I am sad that I won’t play again, but now that I was 60 I was so excited about finding a guild and exploring the world. I will sleep over it. Hopefully they will reply.

Good luck man :+1:

like Athena mentioned before, Stormscale seems to be a good pick, as far as i know Sylvanas is alliance dominated.