Service Update -- 00:05 CET 26 November

Since shortly after the launch of Shadowlands, we’ve experienced some service issues that are negatively impacting gameplay on a small number of realms. In this region, we’ve been monitoring and working around the clock to solve these issues for:

• Blackhand
  • Blackmoore
  • Dentarg
  • Draenor
  • Echsenkessel
  • Hyjal
  • Kazzak
  • Mal’Ganis
  • Silvermoon
  • Taerar
  • Twisting Nether

We increased realm capacity to let more players than ever before into a single realm, but extreme demand on a few realms has exceeded even that capacity, so we have dialed down some of our earlier changes. We are trying to carefully balance service stability and accessibility, and exploring multiple avenues to get everyone online and playing smoothly.

This issue is our number one priority. We will continue to work to solve this as quickly as possible, and we will provide further updates as necessary.

Thank you very much for your patience.

18 Likes

Hi,

I am on aggramar with the same problem, which isn’t in the list above. Neither I, or my friends are able to log on.

It’s quite clear from looking on twitter, reddit and the forums here that the problem is much larger than you are suggesting, not a ‘small number of servers’ - the failure to acknowledge this is really disappointing.

4 Likes

Here’s a suggestion, which has been said a thousand times over, free server transfers from these servers to lower pop servers!

14 Likes

Thank you for posting something on the forums regarding the problem.

I still think however that free transfers to lower population servers should be made available. This problem will arise again in the future, and I think lowering the population of these servers would be benefitial to both parties.

5 Likes

Give Kazzak players 5 days of game time

16 Likes

Keep pumping hard, we need more anima into the server soul!

1 Like

They did something like this during the WoD launch.
Servers were experiencing so many issues that after the chaos ended Blizzard gave everyone 3 days of game time for free.

Giving players who play on these specific servers a few days of game time would certainly be a fair and right decision.

2 Likes

@Beefshift: Considering the fact that Aggramar is among the least active realms (classified “Low”, you and your friends are suffering from a different problem than the listed realms, which are all currently classified as “Full”. It is also worth noting that not all “Full” realms are on the list, so that specific problem is limited.

Also, your wording of “not able to log on” suggests that you are not even getting into queues. Would you care to elaborate on what happens and if there is any error message at all or do you just get DCed outright? Also, are you and your friends in a common general geographical area (same country)?

Hilarious. Every release it’s the same thing. You sound like incompetent governments “surprised by the snow in December” every year. Yeah, who would’ve thought high pop realms will be unplayable, like every expansion ever, right? We better get some game time compensation, we didn’t pay 70 euros to watch memes of the expansion on social media, the damage to our economy is already done, auction houses are already filling with mats and items, who is gonna be responsible for thousands of gold we already lost?

14 Likes

You did a great launch in my book! It is a shame for the ones effected but it is what happens when people join maxed out servers. I do think you should have stopped allowing people into those ones, but I also have no idea why people would join a maxed out server and expect any different.

And here it is , another YoU cHosE FulL rEaLm, iT’s YoUr fAuLt comment. Most of us have been here for a decade, and this has been happening for last few expansions, they should’ve anticipated it and did something about it, If this was a random new issue no one would be screaming here.

9 Likes

The problem with this in the past has been that Blizz has only given players the option of transferring to a server where no one else of their faction actually plays. So things like raiding or any organised event is damn near impossible…

2 Likes

How about giving players on those servers free transfers?

3 Likes

And Silvermoon players aswell.

I doubt it. Like they care about the reason? They can’t play, period.

I also doubt that the solution lies within an optional-to-use free server-swap.

As a Kazzak refuge, I wholeheartedly disagree.

1 Like

Why isn’t Kilrogg on this list? Issues last night, now again… Couldn’t even log into the forum correctly; said I don’t have a lvl 10 char…

Join maxed out servers. How about creating a character on a server that later becomes unbearable

3 Likes

I’ve said it in the other thread and I will say it again here.

Open free realm transfers away from the most populated realms onto lower populated ones. It doesn’t have to be a free for all just open these realms to specific realms only and we can choose if we would rather sit in a queue or play on a lower population realm.

2 Likes