How come you guys calls out unfair treatment of world first-guilds on European/Asian realms

I am not saying that top guild will go (back) to Alliance because of Alliance WFR with no further incentives, but it will shed some light on the current top Alliance guilds and encourage activity and competition on Alliance side.

Which is why Blizzard should take the opportunity to show appreciation for the testing by making a fair global event out of it.

Here is an analogy of the faction situation we are in right now:
Two children are living with their neglecting parents in a world where there are no child protection servises or anything like that. They are twins born on the same day. The child named Horde is liked and embraced by their parents and are popular within the community. Their twin named Alliance is mostly being ignored, but get spanked whenever they show they are capable of anything. Alliance doesn’t have any friends either.

The date closes in on their birthday and their parents allow them to celebrate the birthday as they want. However, the parents only will be around to pick up trash, do the dishes, and repair anything that breaks.
Horde is celebrating their birthday with the community and have a great day. Meanwhile the Alliance is crying all day alone in their room.

What I am arguing for is that as long as the parents are as neglecting as they are, the community should take the responsibility to arrange a decent birthday for both the Alliance and the Horde, where the Alliance is included and can have a good day making friends.

You are here again only stating Blizzard’s and the community’s current approach, meanwhile I am arguing for what they should do.

The question about faction removal is a tad complicated. My opinion is that as long as WoW is intended to be a two-faction MMO with distinct faction wall, regardless of how neglected the faction balance is, a faction merge without a new faction replacement is a bad thing as it destroys WoW as a two-faction game. So no, I am not in favour of faction removal only to save PvE regardless of how dead the Alliance is.

The only faction removal I would like to see is a faction merge based upon the faction development in the lore. And indeed, the lore have been going in this direction since TBC, and I am even arguing for an effective faction merge happening in 10.0 here: Let's have a faction merge in 10.0!

It is due to that thread that I really do not want to have the faction removal/merge discussion here too because the subject in this thread is about making Alliance playable until a faction merge actually happens. There is no help saying that Alliance is dead and the only solution is a faction merge if it takes blizzard another 5 expansions to implement it without backfire from the half of the players that ideologically opposes faction merge.

What are we Alliance players to do until then?

Like many have mentioned beforehand, the whole “World First” competition is a fan-made concept. No one gets anything special besides a “good job” tweet from Blizzard when they get a world first. If anything, the current system that a 100 (I think?) guilds have to defeat the last boss of the raid on mythic on both the Horde and the Alliance in order to unlock cross-realm mythic runs was a great idea on Blizzard’s behalf, as it should (theoretically) interest more people to play Alliance for an easier Halls of Fame spot. Didn’t work well, though.

The only thing that could possibly be done to change things would be to make massive changes in the Alliance’s favour so that a lot of people would be required to faction change to not fall behind (massive buffs to racials, for instance), but that’d just create the same issue but on the opposite end.

I’m no game developer, so I’m definitely not the most competent person around to fix this faction issue, but the only real solution that I can think of, would be to make faction be able to raid/M+/PvP together. This could (in theory) attract more people to play the race they like instead of being “forced to play X or Y because my friends/guild do”. This would also just allow the already few remaining Alliance players to find more people to play, and fix this whole thing.

But like I said, I’m no game developer, and I’m sure that such a change would require a ton of work and changes. It is, however, the only solution that I can really think of right now.

2 Likes

I do understand what you mean but it’s the wrong context, ie RWF being a community driven event rather than a Blizzard made event.
Talking aboot those, MDI is a prime example of what I’d call “faction hypocrisy” since teams are playing Alliance on tournament realms but are playing Horde on live realms, which is quite hypocrite because that actually means factions don’t matter to them. I brought this subject up to former guild mates who were against faction barrier being removed, because they’re playing Horde so they don’t understand why it has to be done, while saying it’s fine that jdtob and sjele are playing Alliance chars during MDI. I quite don’t understand the reasoning…

1 Like

You cant. Unless you get every top 10 raider to meet in a single country and wait for the “go!”. Timezones make a “fair global race” an impossibility.

Ye i dont care. They arent advertising Horde and thats that.

This was in response of you saying they advertise horde. Which they dont.

No it isnt. Its an outdated concept. One that many games nowadays dont even consider to begin with. And from a lore perspective its outdated since TBC. We have a two faction system because of the lore of Warcraft 1 to 3. Because of “humans vs orcs”.

Well, even war 3 showed that orcs and humans can work together so they can save their lives. Also, we should have gotten 4 factions, because nelves and forsaken make no sense at all in their factions from war3 perspective.

You’re promptly ignoring the ways global races can done - one doesn’t have to do a global raid opening. One could have regional openings to regional times, and the time from raid opening to the first raid have killed last boss become the threshold for the World First-title. Anyway, this thread is NOT about regional issues.

Of course you don’t.

Of course not when it goes without saying that only faction x is capable to anything. The message is loud and clear, Horde is the go-to faction for anything, while the Alliance is ignored or trashtalked.

Which have defined World of Warcraft as a two faction-based MMO. It is fine that you don’t like the faction system, and it is indeed in need of a huge remake in order to be sustainable in addition to fit the lore, but do not blame the faction system just because blizzard is incapable of making necessarily adjustments and regulations as the expansions went on.

Factions shouldn’t be a barrier for anything, and should only be a RP/PvPRP element. But again, this leads back to Let's have a faction merge in 10.0! which goes outside the subject of this tread. If you really want to discuss factions, that thread is still open.

And most importantly:

Nelves ye. Forsaken actually it depends. They wanted to join the Alliance at first given their Human history. The Alliance refused and wanted to “retake” lordaeron. Which led them into the arms of the Horde which during Vanilla was nothing but a band of several races fighting for survival. Given the Forsaken werent Loyal to the Horde at that time (and sylvanas was only Loyal towards thrall) but developed that over time im fine with the forsaken in this regard.

You said a fair global race. Unless the raids launch at the same time for everybody while everyone has the same irl time they wont be fair.

I dont care because your comparison is utter bull. Not because of your justified assumption that i despise you.

Which isnt true and which isnt advertised.

No it isnt.

Its not ignored. It however cant be fixed at this point. And its not “trash talked” in the fashion you want to make it out to be.

Outdated concept.

Who said that? I said its outdated. Which it is.

Even if you would apply all of that now it wouldnt change anything.

They are not. You can still raid high as alliance, you can still do high keys, high pvp etc etc.

It doesnt take 5 expansions to implement it. As for the people that would go and cry about = tough luck. Factions dont make sense whatsoever since TBC ontop of it being an outdated concept that so many other MMOs have just dusted because its not feasible outside of PvP and for that such games have sub factions

What exactly are you trying to achieve by replying to me in such a passive-aggressive manner? You are very obsessed with dominating me in this thread without actually reading my arguments. Surely this drives up our post counts, but it makes a pretty strange conversation to follow.

I reply to pretty much everyone in a “passive-agressive manner”. This is regardless of me not liking you whatsoever.

I am reading your arguments. I simply disagree with them and find them to be bull.

Who cares about post counts?

It’s…well, I give up XD

More seriously, it’s outdated yet they’re not willing to shatter that damn useless wall once and for all…

It was in the middle of WoD when the community has chosen (alot unsubscribed)
the horde as europes faction

ACtually they do at one blizzcon they litterly harrased the alliance by saying something like shut up ally

Source.

Ah… you juts make up stuff.

Quite a lot it seems.

They will if theorycrafting shows that Alliance is the BiS faction. A faction change is a drop in the ocean to them.

What the world first guilds do lower guides do and so on…

I have covered that in countless other threads. They would go Alliance and then go back to horde due to the player pool. Also there are many other reasons for staying Horde such as split or stack runs with the community.

Back when Method were on Xavius, and Alliance, players would realm transfer and faction change just to get a try out.

Where the World First guilds go the sheep are not that far behind.

Yes ofc. However that still takes time. And split/stack runs with the community with how the loot works nowadays is just way too attractive for them. So they would have to decide whether to go Alliance and have better racials (or op ones like Goblin during KJ) but less split options or take the splits and no access to the racials. Or jump hence and forth with doing splits. Faction change. Raid. Change back. Rince and repeat.

Who cares about 0.001% of the player base. They need to kill world first raiding and make it more enjoyable for the majority.

World first has never been a Blizzard thing it’s a community thing. There’s no prize or Blizzard support. World First guilds go well under geared for it.

No. Just don’t make World First races anymore. Problem solved :wink:

They never did. It’s a community event, Blizzard has nothing to do with it.