How do I unlock Chromie Time? (new player)

I want to play WOTLK but it’s hard to find information on how to unlock Chromie Time

Some sources say I have to get at least 1 character to level 50 in BFA but some say I only have to do a short introductory quest up to A Nation Divided/Speaker of the Horde

Does anyone have 1st hand experience on a fresh account?

1 Like

It says that you indeed need to have a character that reached 50 before doing this on alts, at least as far as I understand.

And to make it clear you can play WotLK without chromie time but it will only scale to level 30 in that case, and you can’t access the dungeons in the dungeon finder.

Not sure if someone that applies to will see this.

Note that there’s a new player section where some of the more experienced players tend to visit and try to provide useful information to questions like this.

1 Like

I don’t have a solid answer.

I haven’t been abke to do this myself on a fresh account, but I follow the Newcomers forum, so I’ve seen and interacted with the reports.

If you get a character to 50 through BfA, you will definitely unlock Chromie Time on future alts.

If you get a character through to Welcome to Boralus achievement, some have reported opening Chromie Time; some say it didn’t.

Blizzard should REALLY clarify this.

P.S. See this post:

Thank you, I will try this

I tried this on my US account which is a starter one so never had a lvl 50 char and it doesn’t work for me. Maybe it worked in the past but doesn’t work anymore, I don’t know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.