How do left-handed people play WoW?

I’m wondering… how do left-handed people bind their hotkeys in WoW?
Or do you play like right-handed people?

Most left handed people I know use the mouse and keyboard just like the rest of us…

I’ve only met one that actually had the mouse on the left side, and he wasn’t a gamer. Just a regular guy using his computer for regular stuff.

1 Like

Like a right-handed, but with the mouse in my left hand.

I think that’s the common, somewhat old-school left-hand approach, because you’re from the time when your family had 1 PC and it was always configured for all the right-handed people. So you just took the mouse and placed it on the left side of the keyboard…still with the right-handed button configuration.

Yeah, it’s a mess. :smirk:

The lefties I know use the number keys for their keybinds along with their mouse buttons.

But you could always just shift your keyboard along the table a bit so your right hand is over the WASD.

Edit: You could get one of those half keyboard devices.

1 Like

Some of my lefties friends use rebinding, but since I am both handed, I play games as right handed. All else not related to games I act like left handed. Same way with my mouse. When I play games its on right hand, and keyboard shifted under left hand, when I draw or surf web, I have mouse on left hand instead (but I use either hand for drawing, it makes no difference to me which hand I use for that).

For people like me the most challenging part is find a keyboard that does not support separately any hand - so I use a small 5 EUR office keyboard whereas my mouse is complex like the ones NASA scientist would make.

My whole set up is a bit not traditional because it does not only have “normal screens” like most gamers have, but it has frontal tilted drawing touch screen. On which i at times do play games using a pen instead keyboard . Even warcraft. Then I have mouse on left hand and pen on right hand.

I’m left handed and I play with mouse in right hand and left hand forckeybind access. Use pretty standard key binds to most players from what I’ve read, nothing different or unusual.

In my mind it never made sense to use my dominant hand for the mouse because the keybinds are the stuff that require more precise muscle memory presses across the keyboard whereas the mouse hand barely moves at all (at least with my mouse it barely needs to)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.