How do you deal with insane mobility in pvp?

So im trying to play my warrior in battlegrounds, but i’m getting kited around so hard by many classes. It kind of sucks the fun out of it for me. For example, i’m fighting an arcane mage, they slow me and throw arcane missiles at me, i charge, they blink, i charge again, they blink again. I leap at them, they nightfae away and i have no more mobility, get slowed and destroyed…what am i supposed to do here?

Also tried to kill a shadowpriest, what a waste of time…I can’t outdamage a shadowpriest’s healing…what the hell? :\

1 Like

You already got him to use covenant ability, so by class-specific abilities you’ve already out-mobiled him. If you feel like your mobility is lacking, get more, there’s a lot of room to improve. With proper talents, gear and covenant you can have 2 charges, 6 heroic leaps, and covenant blink. That’s insane mobility.

2 Likes

Well i’m venthyr so i don’t have any other mobility as the covenant ability is pointless and a casted ability. I have 2 charges and a heroic leap that’s it xD

Jesus, these condemn bots :rofl:

3 Likes

What do you mean? :o

Use death sentence

1 Like

Did a warrior just complained about mobility?

8 Likes

Yeah? what of it? I keep getting kited around and everyone seems to have more teleports/CC/disengages/etc. than i can handle :\

I’m also asking just in general. Frequently in pvp i’m getting turned around by most classes just being able to zip around the place with all the covenant stuff added. It’s kind of hard to deal with at this point, at least for me.

No, you have 2 charges, 2 heroic leaps with talent, 6 f-ing heroic leaps with a legendary, and 70% speed increase after each leap. That’s INSANE mobility.

2 Likes

So the issue with the scenario you outlined is that you’re using your mobility first and he’s using his blinks after. You lose that mobility race every time. As a druid, i always bait a warriors charge before I use my heroic leap, so that I can keep distance.

Do you charge to your target when you engage usually? I ask because it’s a common thing I see with warriors and by doing so you instantly put yourself on the back foot. Try and get to your target without using your mobility where possible. Use bladestorm to avoid being slowed/rooted or if your struggling to close the gap try using your fear at maximum range if it helps get you there by foot.

If you can and he blinks, you then charge, if he blinks again you heroic leap. Then the roles have reversed. I’m not saying it’s easy but positioning is key and you can’t to just expect to constantly connect with your target if you have other cc heavy classes nearby supporting each other. It just comes with practice and trying different things.

Good luck mate.

6 Likes

Yeaahh… Warrior mobility needs a huge nerf.

I take their mobility away.

While arcane mage will toy with you…i think death sentence charge for condemn war is a good solution…but

This is an YOU problem…warriors absolutely destroy sp’s.

3 Likes

whenever I see an ele shaman nearby (1v1) ,say, on Twin Peaks, I don’t dare to fight because I know it can kite me to death and do insane damage in the same time. Also it can leave combat whenever it wishes by just running away when you popped your cds. Same goes for mages and priests. Better leave combat at this point. If it’s not possible, use glider or anything that will take you away

You go Venthyr and press condemn every global

You’re implying that he’ll never get anyone below 80%?

Condemn with death sentence.

You don’t.

This is the absolute worst expansion for meles with Night Fae and Door of Shadows being a thing in the game. Arcane mage is quite awful to be honest, with displacement and time revert thing. I remember back in Legion when arcane was the only class who could have their blink back up after they blinked 3 times.

It’s hilarious how these guys say just use condemn. Perhaps if you take deadly calm which is very bad for a talent, sure. Otherwise you don’t have the rage to use Condemn if you cannot stick to your target.

In Classic, Warriors had 1 charge (when in combat). And they didn’t whine.

I deal with it by playing mobile classes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Mobility is just so much fun compared to being a wheelchair char. Wheelchair gets old fast (ironically) imho.