How do you type your troll's accent?

This is something that always interests me to ask; how do you handle the trollish accent when typing speech that isn’t in Zandali?

I like trolls but I’ve always found the idea of typing out the accent a real turn-off to playing one myself…

Well, it’s inconsistent, but I’d say that’s a soft accent would work out the best. It really depends on which tribe you’re going for.

The Zandalari seem to have a softer accent, something like “We are going to de temple to offer sacrifices to de loa. You should wait here.”

The Darkspear would have a bit stronger accent: “We be goin’ to da temple to offer sacrifices to da loa. Ya best be waitin’ here.”

What seems to be common for both of them is that “the” seems to be pronounced as either “de” for the Zandalari or “da” for the other tribes.

1 Like

“I’n I be tinkin’ dat be nah such o’ good plan” for this Troll, others follow a similar pattern but use more conventional 'ah / I ’

That said by no means do you -have- to do an accent. Indeed there are occasions when Mith -doesn’t- have one, it vanishes entirely because it’s not real and she fakes it nowadays.

But character driven reasons aside you can use or not use one, it’s not important enough to make or break a character. Indeed sometimes an accent can do the opposite of what you might intend.

I be typin like dey be speaki’n mon, cause dis probably what otah mons be hearin, much like hearin someone from anotah countreh talk to ya, with their contreys accent.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.