How does Double Legendary work?

So to make this pretty simple to understand. I have a 291 Legendary Item Helmet with a Unique covenant Power on it, but its NOT Unity even though it has the same Effect that Unity does.
Now I want to make a different legendary so I can wear a different Legendary Power.

Does this mean that my current Helmet legendary that has a UNIQUE Covenant power on it is obsolete and a waste of gold and I actually need to make TWO legendaries now, one Unity and one different one to be able to wear two, or WILL I be able to Equip the 2nd legendary regardless because my FIRST one is specifically a Covenant Unique ability Legendary despite it not being Unity?

If not, then is there any way to exchange the current existing Legendary item where it gets converted back into Both the Plain Helmet item and resources needed to make a legendary, or does that mean that this helmet is basically me having to delete 40k gold because its not Unity even though it has the same effect that Unity does, minus the automatic unique covenant ability swap?

1 Like

You can wear a Unity lego plus one other so yes you will have to scrap the current lego you have with your covenant power, at least you will only be out the cost of the base item and missives though.

That is so idiotic though, why wouldn’t they refund the base item as well? What sort of system planning even is this >.>

1 Like

Because if there were no drawbacks to doing it, then it could be abused. There should be a cost to such systems to make people plan ahead as they would in real life. Remember, it’s a role playing game, part of that is planning ahead.

Yes but what about those people that already had Covenant Unique legendary already created prior to 9.2, and now they find out that Unity is pretty much the replica of their already pre-existing Legendary item, but has the bonus perk of automatically changing with whichever covenant you swap to. The least they could do is allow people to do a full refund for those specific already pre-made legendary items that have Unique Covenant specific Powers on them.

You are basically left with a useless 291 item if you made it prior to receiving Unity Belt let alone unlocking the Legendary Power via revered Rep. And you wouldn’t even know about the Unity itself prior to actually receiving it unless you looked it up outside of the game

As I said, forward planning. I was in your boat, I’m not upset.