How does one exit the SW portal room?

Took a break after Legion, and returned this weekend to see what’s going on… But ended up caught in the portal room, all I need to do is leave the room to into the SW city itself… been now trying for a good half an hour… I can port to places I never heard of, but made the mistake of changing my HS location to the new quest zone… Now I can’t get back into the city… Am I totally missing something? All portals removed, so I can’t get from Kul Tiras to Darnassus now to meet my daughter. I’m completely helplessly lost navigating my way around now, I really do feel like a noob again. Nothing seems to make any logical sense now. Asking here out of desperation… Where’s the door to the city in the portal room?! Is there one?

1 Like

The portal room in SW is a T-shape, with a very long top bar on the T.

You want to get to the base of the T.

The portals are along the long corridor, in awkward niches so you can’t see them. (Horde favouritism! :stuck_out_tongue: Their room is much more convenient.)

Halfway along the long corridor, there is an intersection where you can turn a right-angle to go through the same big watery not-portal that was always in the SW mage tower.

P.S. Oh, and welcome back! If you think that’s confusing, sit back and have a stiff drink … :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Thanks! it was the ‘not-portal’ I was looking for. It’s not labelled, listed, no tooltip, so I just ignored it… as a dead portal, that’s been dead for as long as i could remember in the mage tower…

Appreciate the help… was doing my face in… So confusing!

+1 sir

1 Like

When you portal in you are facing the right direction, just run.

2 Likes

I’m glad you made it out of there! Here, have a blanket and some hot coco.

2 Likes

When mother meets daughter - it’s gonna be epic :slight_smile:

I knew which one you meant, because I too am a returning player and it fooled me too. I have no excuse, because I played mage and ran through the exit portal a thousand times in a previous life (as well as hitting the wall when I chose the wrong one), but now it looks different it totally flummoxed me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.