How does this prepatch event work regarding getting currency?

to get all the items you need something like 300k according to wowhead.

with the exception of killing a P3 boss, (500) the weekly seems to be the only decent source of this (1.5k x3 weeklys = 4.5k). and it seems this is character bound, not account bound. so the best way to get currency is spam quest/P3 boss on alts.

BUT… does that only happen once in the event window? (90/60/30min)?

so am i right in thinking that trying to spam events across toons is a no go as once you kill the P3 boss, that zone is useless for the rest of the 90/60/30 minutes until the next zone pops?

and please don’t say to farm the remaining mobs, they are usually only 1 currency per kill. :\ 300k kills? no thank you.

im just a bit confused about how this event works and the best way to collect all the collectibles.

Yes, you are correct.
However keep in mind, finishing some of the activities in the active zones can randomly give you an equipment piece. Haven’t had a pet or mount drop yet so maybe prioritize spending the currency on these over the equipment.

The only way to get the items is to grind each zone with your alts. Each boss gives 500 Residual Memories not just for the first kill but even consequent kills. Do the quests even though they are weekly but reward 1.5k Residual Memories. Do lingering memories in between zone respawns in groups which EU servers aren’t really doing.

You got the 3 weeklies for 4500, doing each memory area gives 100+ plus a chance of loot [gear and essences], killing the end boss has a chance of loot [gear and essences].

You can do the weeklies on alts and pool the currencies onto the one character.

You can ignore the gear off vendor as you’ll most likely get the majority of them from loot pick up.

3 pets and the mount costs 50k in total. No idea why you’re adding up every other item… you’re not going to be transmogging accessories and trinkets now are you? That’s 14k less. DON’T waste your time using this event to “gear up” for TWW, you’ll literally be swapping them quick for greens come TWW.

1 Like

What Beerwolf said. I did one event and got 3 items. I’m not buying any gear until I’ve got enough to buy it all without doing the event anymore. I have few filthy alts with some gaps in their gear here and there, but I won’t be “gearing anyone up” with this stuff.

So Onyxia took like 10mins… and rewarded nothing no currency or drops… Are bosses one and done per week?

I’m doing the weekly quest on alts atm but it’s slow with the event up so infrequently. Seems somewhat ill throughtout if you need alts to do this efficiently.

They are getting loads of feedback so lets hope we see some changes going forward.

Not tested it yet, as I still have plenty of max lvl alts, but in theory the event can be farmed “endlessly” by just creating allied race lvl 10 chars, doing the three weekly quests (given one can accept those as lvl 10), sending the currency over and then that char can be deleted and the process repeated with another. Yes, the 90 Min wait in between is still annoying. Hoard the currency on one char and buy the missing rewards that haven’t dropped at the end of the event.

This is a legendarily badly designed event for gearing alts with a currency collection rate so low, you’d think Blizzard was trying to curb the inflation rates in Turkey.

looks like the weekly quest rewards have been doubled. just picked up the quest for dustwallow marsh, and the reward is 3k memories.

I picked it up on a warrior, then logged onto a druid and the Dustwallow quest is showing on the druid. are the weekly’s still toon bound and not account bound?

maybe there have

still missed the event though and need t wait 55 minutes to next one, which i wont be doing as its late.

Not only that, there was a blue post earlier tonight saying this

“We spotted players funneling the weekly quests from their alts to their mains, and we don’t want that to feel necessary, so these quests will now be account-bound and they will repeat daily instead of weekly”.

1 Like

wasn’t aware of this. ty. will look for it :slight_smile:

This is the post

1 Like

aye, just found it and tested it. bosses reset now, so it doesn’t matter if you’re late to a zone. (just killed ony with only 11 minutes left in Dustwallow). Good change, and honestly, the way it should have been from the start.

It’s gone live, the update.

We can do the 3 dailies again for 3k each right now [but it’s account wide, not per character this time].

1 Like

Yes that’s what I was sharing

I’ve already done Ony on my main, LK next I think.

AKA we want this to take long time so we nerf it :stuck_out_tongue: 3k daily but account bound…

9k, since there are three quests. You probably won’t have to spend currency on all the mog either, gotten a few of them as random drops already. Doesn’t seem terrible overall, not sure I’ll collect everything from the vendor though, the mog is kinda meh to be honest.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.