How far do you want this faction war to go?

We all seem to agree that both factions are suffering under the current bad story writing.

So i got a question for you all.

How far do you want this faction war to go?
How much damage do you want both factions to suffer before you will be ready to accept peace?

The less damage and the sooner it ends the better, in my eyes. I don’t believe that we will get an ending that makes sense, so I want the nonsense over with as soon as possible. And destroyed places are no fun.

9 Likes

After the deaths of Daelin and Derek, genocide is the only option left. There can be no other way for peace.

3 Likes

I want it to end by 8.2 because it is pointless. Faction war will never work in World of Warcraft universe with an actual results at hand, as long as the statement “There always must be Horde and Alliance” is a must.

4 Likes

Both factions crippled but unable to make peace due to political pressure and trust issues. So the damage we can inflict on each other after BfA is minimal for a time, but the war continues on until Blizzard hire decent writers to give us a proper faction war for once.

I don’t care if our armies are crippled by each other of some third threat.

2 Likes

Silvermoon levelled and Suramar occupied by the Kaldorei, if we lose the KT fleet and Trollbane, it would be a worthwhile trade.

2 Likes

Bit hit and miss really, I want it to be over and done as soon as possible but at the same time I want it to end with only 1 side standing.

1 Like

I want it to end vanilla-style.

Which means no really ending. Just batting at each other here and there. Total warfare reduced to skirmishing/light conflicts due to realizing how resources are being constantly pooled into this whole ordeal.

2 Likes

So you want WoW to end? unsub is an option…

There are few realistic options.
Nobody can really win (including land-gains) because at the moment the zones (in game) are relatively balanced.
They can’t change the status quo without alienating a significant part of the playerbase.
So i hope the war ends with a new status quo: Horde gains northern Kalimdor (excluding Exodar and Bloodmyst isle) and loses the northern eastern kingdoms (excluding Silvermoon and Ghostlands) to the Alliance.

The difference in zone number, is balanced by Suramar and Highmountain (in Lore)
For leveling it’d stay as is.

1 Like

Why? Its called Warcraft not Alliance vs Horde! This game is about races of Azeroth not Alliance and Horde. I would love to see some alliance shifts. Racial developments rather then Faction.

I dont understand why there should be ever growing factions which makes story so limited due to races being bound to factions, even BFA would have more flavor if whole Forsaken race was behind Sylvanas, rather then looking for new leader because Sylvanas needs to go.

1 Like

Would you be fine with the Alliance being dismantled and the Horde left standing then? All Alliance races under Sylvanas’ command etc.?

And since Blizzard isn’t even able to provide content for 2 factions, do you think they could deliver content for all races? I don’t believe it…

1 Like

Well… I play Horde, I think we have done enough damage by now. xD

I change my opinion on this a lot, but right now I think that the war should not end. It makes no sense for it to stop, too much damage has been dealt to forgive and move on. For all I care, the war formally goes on but is moved to the background, and is limited to a few skirmishes. As long as working together is an exception.

I really don’t see a way how the war can end without doing an injustice to the factions.

4 Likes

Well, then you are going to run into this issue then

So, what about the Night Elven and Forsaken playerbases then? Don’t they count?

Yes, and no. Horde leadership? Ok, why not, if that ends this… poo show. Sylvanas? Nope. That’s just too much, after the way she was build up - and not just for the Alliance, mind you. But I’ll take Saurfang or Talanji. And if we would get Baine, it would be just like before, just with a cow Anduin…

3 Likes

I want the faction conflict to end. It might be the origin of Warcraft, but bigger forces have been introduced into a grown-up universe, and the faction conflict just looks pitiful now. Ever since BfA was announced, I was baffled why the factions would be fighting each other after seeing what kind of forces are out there. And I still don’t understand why the fighting continues.

My hope is that BfA will be the last thing we hear of Alliance vs. Horde, and that the next expansion brings in - if not dissolution of the factions - cross-faction communication and PvE.

2 Likes

Thats not what I mean. The game itself is so focused on Alliance and Horde at its core that somewhere along the way its missing the main goal - Story about different races. Alliances were formed and shattered in warcraft universe. Now these core members are bound to their factions. Ever increasing power and near no fallouts is just boring.

I think this might be issue to balance 13 races and their sub-races. But forcing races to act in accordance to their factions, does not give a great way to tell a story, because their interests do not align and seems like outside Alliance and Horde no one is ever doing anything for their own race (well except Humans)

I’ve always disliked how much emphasis they put on Alliance and Horde, their members being somewhat forced. For the story sake it does not work.

Edit: Blizzard had so much everlasting battle with no decisive outcomes. Doing no justice to any race, except the ones in spotlight and no justice to factions itself. Look at Alliance - ever so boring, unified races, where everyone agrees to their High King or commander (being humans usually) and Horde who has lost their identity since Thrall left.

2 Likes

Nooooo… that’s not right!

Horde is exploring their identity… yet the bloody hell AGAIN!

2 Likes

What is the Horde?

1 Like

A miserable little pile of secrets.

1 Like

As Horde, I think I would accept peace at the point there is no longer a threat to our livelihood. We’re not strong enough to defeat the Alliance totally in short term, and on the long term it will cost too much and will leave us with a Banshee Queen that has become far too accustomed to raising the dead to serve her purpose, regardless of whether their minds remain intact. Total victory for the Horde will lead to rebellion and more war within the Horde itself.

As a Darkspear Troll main, this war is scary as hell - there is no winning scenario in sight… or the Alliance should defeat most of the forsaken including the Goth Queen before being defeated by the rest of the Horde - but that scenario is borderline treason and could easily go sideways.

As an Alliance, I will accept nothing but complete defeat or subjugation of the Horde. They have gone way too far with raising the dead, burning Teldrassil and blighting Lordaeron.
Perhaps the Tauren, Trolls and Bloodelves can redeem themselves, not sure whether the orcs deserve another chance, but the Forsaken must be destroyed totally… their plague, ambition to conquer life and complete disregard for the living are a threat that will not abate as long as they exist.