How hard are 15+s this season?

We’re always a DPS or two short if you wanna come for some 15s, but we play fairly strange hours because of my work

1 Like

The question should rather be: How hard is it to find people that can do it?

Just witnessed a hunter doing like, yeah, he did pretty damn good dps. But then he whined at the tank for not keeping aggro when he died from aggro.

Check if he ever misdirected the tank.

0 misdirects. Never feign death either.

Like, what’s the point of doing good dps if you’re making it impossible for a tank to hold aggro from you by not misdirecting or using feign death? Gonna die every pull because you won’t press misdirect or feign death? You’re just a liability at that point.

Atm should be hard i guess but as content gets outgeared we will soon be having an easier time on them.

I mean if you think that first two weeks doing a 13 was almost impossible for pugs and now its not that hard, it just takes patience.

I assume it will be ok-ish in 1+ month as long as all members of the group do their job correctly to some decent level of performance.

Wait until the last month before 9.1 and it will be easy.

Do it early on (and we are still early on) in 9.0 and it’s going to be harder. Everyone is very undergeared vs the end of 8.3.

Pugging it is almost impossible , u need high rio and u need to play the " meta " and have a tone of runs .
Doing it with friends or guildies if they are good it’s doable .

Should be a cakewalk depending on affixes with 220+ ilvl. Just timed a +12 with 204 ilvl in a pug. The only painful one could be Necrotic Wake though.

Most people who have played actively have more than enough gear to do +15.

I mean, you say this, but you yourself are i207 and haven’t gone beyond a +12. Which isn’t a criticism, I’m in the same situation, I think this is a normal ceiling for this gear level.

But 207 is still relatively high for many players. Many can still find upgrades in normal CN. It takes a pretty hardcore person to be 215+ at this point.

So I do think the idea that “most” people can do a +15… is probably just not true. Most people, frankly, need more gear to get through a 15 because they aren’t that great, or they’re going in pugs with poor communication and coordination and they need to overpower it a bit.

Either way, gear makes +15s easier.

The later in the season the OP attempts the achievement, the easier it will be. Attempting it now will require a lot of organisation and probably a dedicated team who’ve taken time to work together and learn how to make stuff go smoothly.

Because gear isn’t what limits me.

I mean… ok? But it makes things easier.

We can’t possibly be arguing over whether more gear makes +15s less painful? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, but it does! More gear, more ego, and more ego, less attention paid! “I HAVE 220 ILEVEL! ME CRUSH DIS DUNGEON!” vs “Eh, my 210 is a bit on the lower side, maybe I should play it safe and play mechanics instead of bruteforcing. Hmm…”.

See? =)

I just pugged through it all. I sunk a lot of time into it (lockdown yea). With appropriate gear and proper knowledge of the dungeons - which you will collect while rising through the difficulties - it’s really not that hard. Gear makes a huge difference.

Obv you gotta know how to play your class. +15 is not for keyboard turners. But I’ve finished some with quite some time left in spite of some horrible screwups. But when you got enough DPS (should have 3DPS with >5k overall dungeon DPS), the tank knows his route and has more situational awarenes than [i can’t think of a quippy joke here…], the healer snorted a line of coke and people don’t take unneccesary damage (overall fail damage [avoidable damage] of succeeded dungeons was usually between 80-150k per player) it’s … not much harder than a +10 under the same circumstances (appropriate gear and a non-asleep group).

I did it all queueing exclusively solo into group finder groups from around +8, when my premade broke up. A few of those runs were with varying sizes of premades premades. I really liked joining into tank/heal premades. Tank keys are the best anyways, as Tanks seemingly have to carry themselves so they know their routes and have a good feel for building a group. But most of the groups I joined were just full blown random groups.

I started using consumables (Flasks, Food, Weapon Oil) at some point past +10 (maybe 13 or even 14) as I felt like the carrying power of gear was waning. At 15, flasking is certainly strongly advised.

I have not used a single potion in any run ever. Classes without stealth/invis want to carry a stack of invis pots with them because getting asked to invis past some packs to find out you didn’t think you might need em is … not cool for you or your team. And depending on how well the run is going, people might get mad at you.

Primarily, on a personal contribution level you gotta be able to avoid damage. Corpse runs end runs way more than low DPS on a pull because you had to move all fight dodging volcano and the gazillion other things popping up.
in M+15, the prideful mobs (10+ affix) do a heckton of damage to where if you don’t use any personal CDs to reduce damage, the healer will start sweating hard. And then if anyone gets hit by the cross-fire (heh) that’s like 70% off your health. If your healer is not sailing smoothly at that point or has an emergency CD for you, that’s it.

But if you play those dungeons like 10 times each you’ll just be one with dodging. All that cr*p is punishing enough that it hammers the lesson home quite quickly. You only get oneshot by that Sanguine Depths Gargoyle ground AoE thing once. Maybe twice if you’re a lil slow. By the end of the dungeon even a first timer knows to stop what they’re doing and move out of it :slight_smile:

tl;dr: It isn’t that hard. ilvls scale really hard and if you got the gear (210+), +15s are just a matter of playing your class and the dungeons mechanics to a decent degree. It’s totally randomable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.