How hard to play an Elemental Shaman?

Hello dear element binders,

I started to play an Devastation Evoker for this expansion, and sadly due to number of problems that evoker have, I have decided to reroll and play a mage. After learning the rotation and class better, I have found it to be very complicated and It was not my cup of tea.

Now I am considering playing a Shaman, especially an Elemental Shaman. My friends are insisting that shaman’s rotation is harder than arcane mage but I don’t think that’s the case.

So what is your thoughts on this? How hard to play a shaman? Btw, I am a veteran player who played melee dps before. I am not a good caster atm.

Thanks for any insights.

Cheers!

havent played a shaman recently but it had a big issue button bloat, it had a insane number of buttons … I really dont see that changing, i gues if ur not into super try hard u can go into more passive’s but still

1 Like

Pretty easy to play the fire build for m+

Even easier to play the fire build in ST

Speaking from a mid level ele doing 13-15 m+ it’s rewarding fishing for ascendance procs specially while you have storekeeper already loaded on pull

IMO go something else tho, my choice was shaman or mage and sometimes I wish I chose the latter

1 Like

Pros:

• potential for huge damage if spreading flame shock correctly and utilising storm keeper.
  • procs are very satisfying and you rarely need to cast if running lava build.
  • good toolkit for team mates (hex, roots, slows).
  • I personally enjoy the play style and it can be quite challenging but rewarding.

Negatives:

• you need to learn to handle being the main target for every PvP team.
  • mobility is decent in DF but you won’t outrun a warrior, rogue, feral, monk or DH for long.
  • defensives are some of the worst in the game so positioning and managing cds is vital.
  • you need a good healer who knows how to play with an ele.

Overall, I enjoy it but it can be quite frustrating facing zug zug classes. If you want a tanky and easy to play caster id like at Demo Warlock.

2 Likes

Just don’t plan on doing any rated PVP it’s focused by everyone you will spend the entire time trying to live and then die with no options to counter.

2 Likes

I think it’s fine. There’s a lot of buttons but I like that and you can improve the situation a little by some macros.

I think you will like that it’s not so much about hard casting but rather spamming flame shock to get those lava burst procs. I like the mobility too.

Your biggest concern will be surviving when focused, but I’ll take that over playing a spec I don’t like the gameplay of.

(pvp take)

1 Like

That’s a great insight, thanks =)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.