How hit works in this game?

How comes I miss more than I hit while sandstorm is up, despite having 90% hit chance? Is this a bug or something? It’s quite common to miss 2-3 times in a row LOL!

It’s just your perception being biased based on how people remember negative experiences.

In essence you only notice the misses and discount all the times the ability hits.

You can note down when all your attacks hit or miss if you want to see it is just a 10% chance.

What are the odds to miss several times in a row, on daily basis with a 90% hit chance?

Just log 100 attacks under sandstorm and see how often you miss with a non ele pet.

There’s no secret mechanics or bug happening here.

Doesn’t work that way. I already did this kind of experiment with fishing, I fished for a fish that had 1% chance to drop and after almost 300 attempts I still didn’t got the fish. I opened a ticket thinking the drop chance must be wrong or bugged, but the GM explained me that if a thing have 1% drop chance it doesn’t mean it will drop after 100 attempts.

The GM was correct though in that in real world you are unlikely to get 10 misses and 90 hits over 100 attacks but with a 10% chance over 100 attempts it will be fairly close. This will demonstrate that there’s nothing wrong with the hit chance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.