How important is realm population?

When I started playing WoW my realm used t obe one of the biggest pvp realms and was also kinda balanced( A 60: H 40)

I notticed my realm is not as popular as it used to be, and now it even dropped to Medium population, there are still planty of people and I am in a really nice guild, people are quite active etc.

Due to sharding is there really a big difference between high and low population realms?
We can group with whoever we want from any realm, the only differnece from realm to realm is mostly AH and guilds, and ofc that you cant trade with people from different realms.

Is there anything else I am missing?

Better AH prices and more mythic raiding guilds on high pop realms. That’s probably the only difference.

2 Likes

I dont really plan to do mythic riding but if I wanted to my guild does that. Better AH prices can go both ways… herbs and ores are more expensive on my realm than some other high pop relams which is good if I wanna sell them but not so good if I wanna buy them :slight_smile:

Guilds and AH are the only really realm-restricted thing (other than mythic raiding when it first comes out).

Only other thing I can think of is the Black Market Auction House - on smaller realms you have less competition so a greater chance of getting a nice item at a lower price. I know people who transfer to all kinds of random realms just to buy up something from the BMAH.

Or forever depending if alliance can even fill the top 100 hall of fame.

The AH prices often regulate themselves in the course of a few weeks. Legendary ring on Ysera (very little population) was about 580k gold two weeks ago now dropped to 120k somewhat like common on other realms as far as I know.

You of course could have some more difficulties with less up-to-date items from past expansions but in my view there’s no big difference.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.