How is DH in solo PvP?

I know DH struggles with self-healing, but would love to know how it actually is in solo PvP, from people who actually PvP as DH? :slight_smile:

And I’m not talking about meta here… since I know DH is stupidly buffed atm… I’m talking “core gameplay wise”, if the class was “normal”, and not over the top OP like it is right now.

I’m aware that people like Soulscape are able to do WPvP as DH… But he uses a handful world buffs in order to do so. And my current impression of DH, is that you WILL slowly die, unless you can kill the other player first…

Basically a glass canon… :man_shrugging:

But am I wrong here in regards to self-healing and staying alive in solo PvP, or did DH not change since Shadowlands when I last played it?

Glass cannon?You have the wrong impression my friend.You even outheal most classes.And you outdmg every class right now in PVP.The dmg,healing,survivability never been more op for DH than Now.Solo and Ranked PVP at its best For DH.

Don’t listen to this guy, you outheal nobody, Havoc DH has the lowest healing out of any dps class, lower then rogues and mages even. Every single game I am the lowest on healing done, mostly from passive leech, because you have ZERO button to press and heal. Fodder was removed as well.

Everything else is decently strong, but you will lose to most classes in 1v1 or world ppv scenarios.

Lose to most classes 1v1 on world pvp?Ok literally you have no idea its obvious.Havoc is one of the best duelers in world pvp right now he can one shot most classes except Demo lock.Like please do not mispread wrong information.Pretty sure you are bad and you lose 1v1s as DH.

What is your rating :clown_face:? Why would he listen to you regarding anything about DH? You don’t even play the game.
Nobody cares about you beating a lvl 68 hunter that entered the wrong area during a world pvp quest.
If you fight really good hybrids as DH (enha, ret even, druid) that know to kite and play defensive, you will 100% lose because literally zero self healing. You also lose to rogue by default if he played WoW for at least 3 days, and to mage as well probs.

You can check my rating at FR WOW PVP.What is yours though?Cuz you are not even exist.Plus DH has incredible mobiliy,Glimpse can avoid also stuns dmg etc and you can outplay most classes in World pvp.Defensives also are pretty strong…Darkness,Blur and even an Immunity that can neglect enemys burst while you jump around them for fun.I mean you legit have no idea saying Havoc loses to most classes 1v1.Its obvious you have no pvp experience.

Losing to a rogue by default if he played wow for at least 3 days.Ok man literally you are clueless no comment.Anyone can read this can understand what brain this guy has.Not replying anymore it is a joke.

You have zero rating on this DH and Challanger 2 this season. I don’t. Stop talking about classes you don’t understand or even PvP in general.

Duelist xp on DH.Currently 1.8 on my main.Stopped from S1 and Came back 2 weeks ago for S3.Either you are blind or you are hella blind.

You are challenger 2 = 1600. Stop lying,it’s super cringe. Why not post on your main? This is DH forum. You are talking to a better DH then you, so stay silent please, don’t spread disinformation.

Are you stupid man?GO CHECK ON FR WOW PVP site MY CHARACTERS WTF IS wrong with you?DUELIST XP SEASON 1 ON MY DH and right now Rival on my main Ret.Even my gear is duelist on DH from season 1 are you blind?you can check my achievements(DUELIST S1 ON DH) too.You are literally a joke.Even my Fury Warrior is Duelist on S1 i got the achievement you can see on my alts the rating.You will never get 2.1 duelist rating you have no idea about pvp its obvious and the joke is you cant even read while i tell you where to go and check.

Here i am.What a joke you are man.Stop even comment on forums you can’t even read the details about rating etc that i gave you with proof on the FR WOW PVP site.

:clown_face: detected.

You looked in the mirror? :crazy_face::crazy_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:
Go close the internet window and play the game. :rofl::rofl:

Yes on a ret pala. You are on DH forums. Why do you give advice about DH and talk about how you are Rival xp this season, but don’t mention that it’s on a different class? You are 0 cr on the DH.
I can go now on the Pala, Mage, Monk forums and give advice about their classes because I have xp on another? No.

What a clown.

:grimacing: :popcorn:

This is actually a perfect example of why I am so confused about DH in PvP. :joy: Half the players say “it’s trash”, and the other half that “it’s a TOP WPvP class”.

I like the passion though… :sweat_smile:

However it still leaves me confused about DH, since I don’t know what to believe. :slight_smile:

From personal experience, fighting other DHs are difficult in WPvP, but when I play it myself, I feel as if it sucks… :sweat_smile: Which I’m quite aware is a “me issue”. But just like how the WoW community all agree that “rogue is a good solo PvP class”, I have never been able to figure out DHs position in all of this…

Maybe someone can let me in on the secret to how to survive as a DH? Since this is the most discussed topic on DHs, when people are struggling with the class? :slight_smile:

The only self-healing I see… is from picking up random orbs that spawn… Which isn’t very often. And the leech is barely noticable. :confused:

Don’t listen to the clowns above, they don’t play the Class or play at garbage levels so they can’t give you any reasonable input.

Yes, DH has some decent tools to survive, rotate between blur, darkness, netherwalk, Kite+Glimpse, etc. Even Rain from above vs meele on a low 1min CD.
I have won many 1v2s vs mediocre DK, Ret, Shams, etc in BGs.

But you have no way to replace lost HP, you can only hope you nuke the dude before you slowly die. You play like a Classic War/Rogue, focus on CC, and avoiding damage. If you are in a free for all situation in the open world, you will die to aoe sfuff, dots and random attack (like in the Sparks of life quest areas).
My best experiences as Solo world pvp were always on Hybrids, maybe Ret, Sham, Druid, classes that can do everything and heal, and Rogue if you want to be the one doing the ganking.

1 Like

What I’m hearing is that it is a “Hunter situation”… Because they also rely on eating food for healing, since they have little self-healing, and rely on their 3min defensive CDs to survive… which means that once those are used, they gotta wait 3min to be able to survive again.

In comparison to a Druid, that could care less about “major defensive CDs”, since they almost only have short CDs, and spammable insta heals.

One issue I have with DH though, is people telling me “DH has the best mobility in game, so you can kite to survive”… :sweat_smile: which leads into what you said… Why kite, if you can’t heal up again? :joy: If you kite around a pillar… then what?

It just makes me wonder why so many WPvP people love DH so much…? :sweat_smile: Because they are machoistic?

You can kite to avoid peoples burst cooldown for example… or run away from the fight and escape. But if you are already low hp and have dots on you, you are dead anyway.

Its a fun class to play, with high APM rotation, mobility, lots of tools, etc.
If anybody wanted to play the most efficient classes, you would only see tanks like blood dk, or guardian in world PvP lol.

1 Like

More sadist than masochist if you ask me.