How is fire mage in 10.1

sup guys,

do you think fire mage is fun/good in 10.1?
I like to do both pvp and pve

do you recommend it? coming from a destro lock

cheers

Plays the same since 9.1. Good at cleave, awful at aoe, ok on ST. Only good burst we have is from our extra timewarps. Same build and same rotation for all pve content and awful in any group content where mobs don’t live 20-30seconds.

Maybe get some gear ready on it for 10.1.5 when things might be better.

Its okayish with the new 4 set, though using it fully is a tiny bit clunky at points if you dont have a phoenix flames available.

You can pickup a 3rd phoenix flames to compensate but then lose out on other dps talents.

Should be beter once we get the rework and dont have to stand in rune of power and can hopefully pick more usefull talents.

I’ve never had so little fun in my life playing fire as it stands right now

1 Like

This is actually so true. This is the least fun fire has even been.

I can’t play it. Doing a weekly key on frost to stockpile some gear ready for 10.1. Been play shadow priest since about 10.0.5

Let me put it this way - for one boss I switched fire for fun, I did 18k less dps than I do on frost but I got orange log anyway - fire is this bad right now.

Yeah, fire might end up being really fun in 10.1.5, but I currently don’t want to play it.

If you stack Mastery for PvP you will top dps charts even now. Also Fire will be insane in 10.2 with S3 gear and more Mastery stacking, playing D4 until fall.

Right now Combustion creates 75K Ignite ticks on 10.1.5 PTR, so expeting slight nerf, but the damage will be there and thanks for RoP being gone we will be fun to play again. Ignite should deal good damage at all times tbh. In PvP if nuking Fire Mage is ignored and Ignite is not being dispelled enemy should burn to death.

I’m pretty sure part of the rework is an ignite nerf. Also been on the ptr… changes aren’t enough for me, I think I just really hate skb.

Part of rework is ignite nerf…???

Talent added increasing mastery
Talent added increasing ignite damage by flat 15% when on 3 or less targets

??

Yh im less sure now lol, the brief they gave made it sound like it would be. I think they are aiming to make flamestrike a better option on aoe but thats just how I read the first blue post.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.