How is it even possible that wow lore currently is so bad?

Terrible fanfic writing, particularly stever danuser.

Imagine being so disillusioned, so arrogant and living inside your own head so much, that you actually think your dog-dirt fanfics are anywhere even close to an acceptable way to wrap up story threads that began in Warcraft 3.

The sheer audacity of this cretin is unreal lol He is unironically a bad tumblr-tier writer.
Has no business at all writing WoW storylines.

2 Likes

Taken from WoW subreddit, fits into this thread like a glove.

https://i.imgur.com/u58rtIa.jpg

New characters just appear and then go away. There is no big story behind them, we are not attached to anything or anyone because we didnt even have time to do this. Jailer is not bad, his motives are just unclear, if they put more effort into developing those characters, locations and other stuff they it would be totally different story. Imo at least.

1 Like

wow that reads like it was all condensed as much as possible to try fit into that box doesnt it.

and who is the daniel kidā€¦ where is he in lore now he seems to be like a important character.

depends on the reality jailer is trying to create is could be really badā€¦ or it could be a secret cow level.

We need a Villain like the Illusive Man from Mass Effect 2 and 3.

g-man from half-life is a good one tooā€¦

their lore creators are too busy fighting for supposed civil rights and whatnot in the evil dictatorship called usa

2 Likes

Never played Half-lifeā€¦ It does not make me curious, sadly.

The Jailer was originally The Arbiter, but he got ousted & replaced by a mechanical beingā€¦ his schtick is to replace/eradicate those who ousted him & rebuild the whole of existence as his own slave powered world.

was the first major online pc game i played back in 1997

Wait, that is an online game?

yea :slight_smile: , counter-strike is actually originally a half-life mod

team fortress as well

though if u want to be specific about it

team fortress started out as a quake modā€¦

He had next to no build-up. No wonder heā€™s pretty much a nobody that no one really views as the Big Bad.

Remember for how long Kilā€™jaeden was built up? The Lich King?

2 Likes

you could even play ā€œFinal Doomā€ across a Lan network ā€¦ against family members

before the internet became household popular :stuck_out_tongue:

(god im old lol)

if you ever go to play half-life but want to play it online with others the Svencoop mod is good ā€¦ not as popular nowā€¦

but once upon a time you could play the half-life story with up to 20 other people at the same time lolā€¦

still under active development now too :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I will never play those ā€œold classicsā€ because they do not really interest me. I prefeer modern games. The only old one I still play sometimes is the RTS ā€œCossacks - Back to Warā€ā€¦

the online shooter side of those old classics still hold up today tbh.

got all kinds of gamemodes etc and free content no MTX

seems like we dont kill Sylvanas afther all ā€¦

Tolkien, the best writer ever existed, made a lore thats still today the best fantasy ever made, by himself.

Blizzard started really good with a lore very build up from Tolkiens work, and made a really awesome fantasy world by their selves ( even if lots are taken from Tolkien )

And now this is where its ending, a space museum ia what it is, the lore is just so dumb and crap. It ended in BFA according to me

3 Likes