How is rogue survivability?

I usually like to play classes that have an easy time surviving.

Right now I play a paladin. I chose to play paladin because they have lots of heals and defensives, so I can survive really easily in the open world.

I played some bg’s to get some mark of honor for a set when I really wanted to level a rogue. It seems really fun sneak around and just spot an enemy alone and burst them down.

I generally like to play classes with good survivability. I like to solo stuff when levelin. group quests and hard questbosses in general.

And to me rogues just seems to not be so survivable. But…
I just tried to 1v3 a rogue in the bg and he almost killed 1 of us. He popped his dodge defensive and we couldn’t hit him.

So are rogues good at surviving?

How are they at soloing while leveling?
I do’t think you really need to solo stuff rather than leveling cuz after that you will have good gear.

How are they in Torghast?

in pvp it’s really good and really bad at the same time. the ability to avoid damage is great cause of soulshape, step and sprint allowing you to get away and cloaked in shadows protecting vanish, meld and restealths, and as it turns out you don’t get attacked if you’re in stealth. on top of that there’s the usual cloak and evasion. the ability to tank damage is bad, you just kind of fall over even through feint. this makes stuns very dangerous. you can’t really face tank damage, but you have a lot of ways to avoid taking the damage in the first place.

for world stuff, sub is fairly good cause of soothing darkness, the other two specs are pretty squishy. you can also focus on avoiding damage here with cc and immunities.

in pve stuff like raids rogues are really tanky.

Rogues are very fun in open world content and I never had a problem in Torghast. However, you still die easily in torghast… in there it’s more about bursting down your enemies quick and controlling the ones you are not hitting.

However, apart from evasion and cloak of shadows rogue survivability is more about escaping combat through vanish or sprint and restealths etc. Stealth is very fun indeed and lets you experience the game in an entire new way.

It sounds like you want a bit more of a beefy class in that case maybe you should try a Death Knight or if you really wanna go hard on solo content play a demonology warlock or BM hunter. However, the two latter classes are pet classes and it is not for everyone.

From what you say druid is also a solid pick, you got stealth, bearform and healing.

1 Like

Rogues have decent survival tools with Crimson Vial, Feint, Evasion and Cloak of Shadows. However, an additional layer of survivability comes from CC and your ability to pick and choose your fights. Vanish and Sprint are invaluable, as are your Stuns and Blind. If you come by a group of 3 tough enemies, you can often Sap and Blind 2 of them, to then take apart the one remaining, while the other two mobs are just out of it.

TBH, you really have to push it, to die while leveling. It mostly comes down to how you approach situations, though. You don’t always wanna pull a huge amount of mobs, but instead Stealth past things to get to your primary objective. When you have to kill something, you can open and burst down things fast, then safely return to Stealth again. If you still find you bit more than you can chew, Vanish and Sprint away!

Rogue is probably the best dps class in the game to deal with AOE damage because of Feint. A lot of new players just don’t know how to use it correctly because it requires you to have some specific knowledge of incoming damage. It’s a proactive ability and less experienced players tend to be more fond of reactive abilities.

1 Like
  1. feint cost too much dps. Take in consideration that rogue currently has very low dps in comparison with other classes, so probably you don’t want to hear rogue are living but don’t do damage
  2. also the most of AOE currently are some kind of dots/zones/control and feint don’t give anything
  3. all direct aoe mostly are requiring to avoid it and killing you with feint and without
1 Like

Rogue in PVP = Why are you a rogue again? and if you’re a rogue, you’re probably a nelf to sweat for the free re-stealth with a racial

Rogue in PVE = Cheat death / negate any lethal mechanic which would usually kill most other classes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.