How much do you guys think Blizzard can change on the fly?

Generalization by the sylvanas fan cult.

How about you get your head from sylvanas’ cleavage and learn the basic fact that you won’t bully me in liking sylvanas! Goodbye!

edit: Nvm, rather not continue with this. Oh my god.

5 Likes

Good. Don’t speak to me ever again. Don’t reply to any of my comments.

Probably for the best, that person is triggered when you mention 'Sylvanas 'without adding some sort of derrogatory.

Anyway:

But overall i think that the core of the story has already been written and whatever impactful conclussion they have planned, won’t be changed regardless of the backlash the community has.

Regarding Horde side of the story, nobody wants a SoO 2.0. Few want Garrosh 2.0. And very few want a Kerrigan.

And even if the Alliance does have it mildly better, there are certain potential outcomes that’ll still leave a good chunk of their playerbase dissatisfied. Again, doubt many want another SoO 2.0

You’re probably right, I believe that too, but on the other hand…why did they add the options? just…flavor? an illusion of impact?
Might backfire…might backfire big time…maybe in ‘the end’ it will add up to something, but what I couldn’t say either. How are they going to handle, say, like 50% of the Horde playing along Sylvanas and 50% of it going with Baine and Saurfang? Big possibility both sides are going to get disappointed, however that can’t be what Blizzard is aiming for with this.

I don’t necesserily think the Alliance has it that much beter, for all their supposed victories they sure look inept and Reliant on deus ex machina(, atleast a lot more than the Horde in certain settings(SoL for example)), And I personnaly got to the conclusion that most if not all of the problems with this awfull narrative stem from how their faction needs to be portrayed and is written.

See, look at the Horde, most of us, I think, are done with the infighting, however for a faction made up of such differentiating factions, the problems do make sense, although personnaly I don’t like the way it is played out.

The Alliance on the other hand…has none of it, they’re all good obediant pawns to the Moraly Highground White knight king who with his blessed holy bones can do no wrong…this ranges from ‘feral Night elves’, to 'Stoic’Lightforged Draenei, to their counterparts the soon to be mad Void Elves. This is the Faction that makes NO SENSE. But so far Blizzard seems to be unwilling to work with any of the differences the races in the Alliance have. They’re all one bland, White Knighting mob that follows the Unquestionable Anduin Wryn and heed his every word, warning or law.

They’re all nothing more than a bunch of obedient bootlicking pawns, atleast with guys like Baine and Saurfang( however I dislike the characters and their way of handling things) atleast you can’t say that much of the Horde, or you’d be in heavy denial. So I guess in that regard…well, I think the Alliance is worse off.

2 Likes

I get the feeling the cinematics team is tying their hands. They’re probably working on the final cinematic right now, that’s not something that can be changed quickly, nor would Blizzard want to since they obviously don’t give a damn about the story.

If the last cinematic shows an event, then that event has to happen. Regardless of how much it’ll infuriate their playerbase. (Sylvanas saves the world, sacks Stormwind, makes Baine Warchief, is forgiven and thanked for the destruction of Teldrassil by Tyrande and then transforms into a Pandaren Male and flies off into the distance on a fart of rainbows preaching the wisdom of the celestials and N’zoth).

They thought nobody could possibly hate their ‘cool’ and ‘original’ plot. Now they’re calling anyone who does ‘Haters’ and are ignoring them on social media.

5 Likes

That’s so oddly specific.

1 Like

I have my sources.

1 Like

Hmm, intrigue!

Sure it makes sense that the story has to be tailored around the cinematic, but I don’t know of any sources claiming that the cinematic director is the one directing the story, rather than it being the story director who gives the narrative beats to the cinematic team.

I watched on YouTube this video:
Author: SignsOfKelani
Name: Is battle for Azeroth Just a FILLER EXPANSION ?

The author suggested that there is two teams working on the expansions.
Team A and B.

Team B: would be working on BfA.
Team A: is currently working on the next expansion.

Assuming that the story of BfA will have repercussions on the next expansion, in example: Sylvanas should not be the Warchief of the next expansion, xxxxx should be the Warchief of the Horde, than you can already imagine how much room they have to maneuver: none.

I remember when the Forum debated:

• Sylvanas as Warchief after Vol’Jin died.
    People were saying that now Sylvanas was being judged by Baine, Lor’themar, Saurfang, Lady Liandri and how she would have to behave.
    No more accidental blight as in Wrathgate were Dranosh and Bolvar perished.

• About the burning of the Tree.
    Sylvanas was there, a dying elf was there and none knew who burned the tree.
    The amount of theories the community came up with, even suggesting that Vereesa was the dying elf.

• How we wouldn’t get a Garrosh 2.0 (evil Warchief).

In the end they just took the easy approach.

I expect them to take the easy approach again: add a few tweaks, but the story structure, remains the same.

Why ?
Because it’s already written and the team A is working already in the next expansion.
Changing anything now, will have a domino effect.

Honestly, I expect everyone to be disappointed by the end.

Will I buy the next expansion ?
Probably yes.
Sadly this is the only game I still have interest in playing.

That’s my opinion.
Cheers.

2 Likes

No.
as always the team will tell their stories and then be done with it.

As long as Sylvanas head is on the spike i’m fine with both of them.
I certainly would have prefered an open rebellion instead of sedition, but they at least have some kind of moral compass left.
And Baines “No Life is worth living if you can’t be true to your nature” kind of is true.
I don’t know if i would continue with this game, if Sylvanas stays in charge.

ps. Horde for 14 years (with some pauses during Pandaria and WoD)

1 Like

Not all nature shoud be allowed to live.
Orc for example are nothing more then bloodthirsty animals.
They made up honor to keep them from going far.
And even then they often fail.

Not this kind of nature. I think that even Orcs now that it is a bad racial trait. That’s why they try to hold it back. I also think that Baine said more something like “No life is worth living if you can’t be true to yourself

So we shoud just let mass murdering animals live?
Think about it.
Even in real life we are natural born sinners.
Overcoming our nature is what seperate’s us from mere animals.
If being true to yourself means letting criminals get away with it because it is them being themselves i want the person who said that to be there next victem.

and all the horde race true nature just so happen to be the same for them all

Ah but there lies the moral dilemma. If you resort to becoming mass murdering animals to get rid of the mass murdering animals, does that really absolve you from being mass murdering animals?

Sure, you could say things can easily go back to normal when they are gone (spoiler, it can’t) but without a common enemy, how long until the once unified races of the Alliance turn on each other over some disagreement?

2 Likes

I don’t know how to explain that to you but it’s not what I mean. Baine definitely don’t say to follow our primal instincts for sure ^^

Forsaken can also leave the Horde if they want. Nobody hold them there. I think only they think like Sylvanas. Other races aren’t depressive Emos.

Sry, I’m outdoor. So I can only use the forum.

1 Like

Tv tropes good is not soft(stupid link wierdness)

Do not mistake kindness for weakness .

If you have to look along the shaft of an arrow from the wrong end, if a man has you entirely at his mercy, then hope like hell that man is an evil man. Because the evil like power, power over people, and they want to see you in fear. They want you to know you’re going to die. So they’ll talk. They’ll gloat. They’ll watch you squirm. They’ll put off the moment of murder like another man will put off a good cigar. So hope like hell your captor is an evil man. A good man will kill you with hardly a word.

This is getting a tad bit out of context.

I will say that: No, Bloodthirsty Murderers is not an Orcish racial trait. Because if so, then you may as well label history’s forms of clan/territory warfare as nothing more than Bloodthirst and Maniacal.

Which is in all forms wrong.

If you want ‘true nature’, then look at it from a non-biased point. Being demon-crazed and murderous for conquest was not what Orcs started off with.

In historical Draenor, Orcs often fought over reasons that were crucial to their way of life. Battle and rough living could literally be considered a form of their politics.

1 Like