How much do you guys think Blizzard can change on the fly?

Yeah she has seen only suffering of her people I guess.

It does. I dont say she is bad character or fanatic against Lightbound, but her temperament is bit too rushed and hot headed just like Garrosh. She is missing out on what is going around her in Horde and only focuses “Purge the fanatics”.

A person developing extremist opinions in response to fanatics is understandable, but it doesn’t justify the actions they advocate for

Hmm. What makes you think she Isn’t going to be like Nazgrim?

Whats the underlying message of this cinematic?

Regarding this two bits: If you grow up on a society that preys on the weak and need to follow a strict militar code to simply survive against a sudden dominant fanatic species that threatens to destroy your culture, i’d say that developing the sort of skewed mindset that equates Loyalty with Honour and Survival, is the rather natural progression to be expected from almost everyone.

But its definitely to be expected. Geyarah, as flawed as her reasoning might be (and only time will tell if thats the case), seems to sport a rather solid reasoning given her background.

1 Like

Explain her like that and i’ll understand.

But it’s unfair. Nazgrim had development far longer than she has.

1 Like

I know, but perhaps that’s where they want her to go? Again, just guessing.
Like you wrote, she hasn’t had much build up yet. Neither have allot of other characters for that matter.

I could be very pessimistic here and go with a We won’t see much of it anyone unless it matters somehow to the Alliance plot ;/

1 Like

Geya’rah resembles Garrosh more than Nazgrim IMO, stubborn, hot-headed and bellicose

I feel like this is a gross generalisation of a people. People do not react in the same way to a single event, and outlining a race’s outlook to a series of consequential events does them a disservice and portrays them less as a people and more as a hive mind. This is also the problem with centring a race’s story around their leader, as it doesn’t foster a difference of opinion within the race itself.

1 Like

That cinematic is why Frostwolves are the best clan out of all Orcish clans. Taming the beast within. And that in the moment of despair we might give in to our instincts. I get where you are going with that and its fair point, but still imo a daughter of Durotan and Draka, child of Frostwolf clan, she is very much like her uncle. Thats why Durotan became chief of his clan and Ganar stayed as Warrior.

What you stated is true, but for a chief and alpha you have to be one step ahead of your people, to be able to rule and guide them. Hope she sees what is Horde and what war they are fighting.

Maybe Thrall can educate her ? NO.

On an individual level, there might be deviations regarding how to interpret or tackle said reality, but the underlying message remains the same.
And having Geyarah expressing what she declares in said gathering isn’t out of character or unexpected given her background.

That sort of mindset is expected to be the rule, not an oddity. And even if there might be some Mag’har that aren’t shown with that exact mindset, this is still coming from a person that grew up under said environment and left a mother besieged by said enemy, and a father killed by them too.

1 Like

They did it in Legion. If they wanted some neuanced story they should’ve keep Vol’Jin to stop the Warchief deathweel, and make Alliance aggressor because Alliance doesn’t need extra reasoning to fight the Horde.

They also shouldn’t kill Rastakhan when Horde is in dire need of powerhouses.

But here we are not only villain batter AGAIN, but also being shown as incompetent and losing - AGAIN.

I have two ideas what to change, but none will happen.
Get back Vol’Jin as Warchief or make Zandalari empire take over Horde.

Since none of it will happen, and I’m like 99,9% sure of it, the only thing that could somehow even things out would be second Cataclysm. Azeroth survives but barely, and the damage was so big that 2 factions begrudingly agrees for pact ofnon agression until they’ll get better.

Nobody would be a winner, both sides would lose. Sylvanas would stop being WC, and Alliance would lose someone too (dunno who).

But that option wouldn’t also happen so I pray that Mr Holybones won’t be redeeming Horde or even wors uniting them both.

2 Likes

It will never happen but heck let’s just put it out there since the thread is can blizzard change on the fly. The narrative actually has lots of room to go places if the Horde start winning the war.

Presently the only way it can end is the deposition/execution of all of the horde at fault for the burning of teldrassil and any other actions the alliance perceive as inexcusable, which depend on who we are talking about could be a pretty massive list.

But if the horde start winning well either it ends militarily or with negotiations. In the latter case Anduin could decide further loss of life is pointless if the horde agree to end the bloodshed, after all, his words “I thought we were fighting for peace… but we’re just…fighting” An unfavourable military position could push this.

If it goes the path of military well… Sylvanas will only stop if she dies or has a massive epiphany like if she was forced into becoming lightforged undead or whatever the hell Calia is now. Maybe that would force her to regain her… elfness… feelings anyway.

I don’t really believe a word of any of that but sometimes I need to entertain a fantasy where future Horde life doesn’t @£$#ing suck.

1 Like

I kinda disagree with the fact that they were writing themselves into a corner. There are plenty of threats out there, both local and global.

And after Legion it would have been a great time just to do a time jump for more than 6 months or a year.

In what way did they write themselves into a corner in Legion exactly?

I feel like Voljins death was but a symptom of how bad this story is, not the cause.
Blizzard had ways to fix this story and Voljins death in one single swing, by taking this war in a thousand different ways.

I elaborated on it already. Vol’Jin’s death is was one of the biggest wastes when it comes to character potential. With him around there was a chance for actually morally grey story. I knew that the moment Sylvanas will be successor we will be villian batter again. And stuff will escalate pretty badly.

I am yet to be positively surprised. So far I wasn’t. And I am not impressed with Obi-Wan Kenobi force projection Vol’Jin has became.
Things might turn out better but at this point I don’t care - at least I have Zandalari.

1 Like

My bad, I thought you meant in general.

It is a shame what they did with Vol’jin, and my inner conspiracy tells me that he was never meant to die, just go missing and another Horde leader was meant to die in the expansion instead.

2 Likes

I think this is speculation, but he was supposed to be missing during Legion’s alpha

Edit: Dialogue from MMO-Champion

Legion - Vol’jin
We found some interesting references to a conversation involving Vol’jin. Unfortunately there isn’t much more than what is below yet. Keep in mind that this is just a reference in an alpha build of Legion, not something final or officially announced. Spoilers below!

When de time comes, you be ready to fight?
If dis only de beginning, ain’t gonna be easy. If we fight, everyone gonna be makin’ sacrifices.
Vol’jin…
All your instinct be true. Innocent lives be valued, indeed, but dem magics… Demons we ain’t been seein’ before. I be fearin’ dis only be de beginnin’.
Warchief, I understand, but we cannot afford to send everything we have at the Legion. Some of our people are not ready for a war. It is -
It is unfortunate… for all of us, but the time has come to defend our people - all of our people.
Good. Now we all be seein’… united as one, but we also be need’n an old knowledge. Someone who understand dem fel magics from long ago. Someone ta help understand de fight dey be bringin. Helpin’ us prepare… for war.
Warchief, even with the might of the Horde behind us, the Legion’s power continues to grow. We know neither their numbers nor their true power, but as you said, we know their intentions.
Yes… and we ain’t gone be fightin’ de Legion alone. It be time we be reachin’ out. I be goin’ to visit an old friend.
Dem serious times. Tell your people it’s time to be gettin’ ready. Everybody gettin’ ready.
And what of my guards, Warchief? We cannot afford to leave the city in its state. The Legion is threat enough, and the Alliance - the Alliance will surely strike when our guard is down.
Leave ‘em. Dem guards be remindin’ us of those we lost. They be remindin’ us we be one Horde. And dey be remindin’ us - ain’t nobody be sittin’ down when war be upon us.

Link: www. mmo-champion. com/threads/2045719-Spoilers-About-Voljin-datamined-dialogue

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.