How much of Kalimdor was destroyed?

When the demons came out of Zin-Azshari, how much of Kalimdor was actually destroyed? The book starts off with a vision of Kalimdor utterly razed, but I’m not sure if that is just a vision of what-could-be if noone had resisted the legion, or if that’s what actually happened

As far as i know, Kalimdor as a continent wasn’t “born” until after the first cataclysm.

Much like Pangea had to be split to create our current continents, Kalimdor wasn’t really a thing yet when Zin-Azshari was still around.

1 Like

The entire land was a single mass,it was not the way we see it on the map. There was no Kalimdor, but to answer your question we have to go back to the novels of War of the Ancients and according to the trilogy most of the villages,cities, and lands were razed, I doubt all of them were but when the resistance moved from one location to another we had descriptions of them passing cities annihilated.

A lot of it, at least a lot on the Night Elven part. If we’re talking about the original Kalimdor, which was the entire landmass of the planet.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Kalimdor_(landmass)

Contrary to popular belief, the Night Elves didn’t have just two or three cities across the Kaldorei Empire, but had entire realms bustling with towns, metropolises and marvels.

Just to name some of the ones destroyed in no particular order:

• Dy-Jaru
  • Halumar
  • Urae
  • Ara-Hinam
  • Then’Ralore
  • Zin-Azshari
  • Mathystra, with its twin cities of Ameth’Aran and Bashal’Aran
  • Lathar’Lazal
  • Loreth’Aran, the city of the Elven Dragon Riders
  • Eldarath
  • Eldre’thar
  • Sargeron (its real name has been lost to time)

The list could go on for a while longer, but the demons of the War of the Ancients were largely successful in causing the destruction they sought, and what they didn’t destroy in their wake was then demolished as a result of their invasion with the Great Sundering.

So, by and large, it was what actually happened.

3 Likes

Thank you so much Calevarn, just what I needed.

As far as i know, Kalimdor as a continent wasn’t “born” until after the first cataclysm.

The entire land was a single mass,it was not the way we see it on the map.

When I say Kalimdor, I’m referring to the singular land mass that existed before the catalcysm, which was called Kalimdor.

1 Like

Kalimdor was also the name of the original super continent, the Nightelves just carried it over to name their now Homeland as well.

https:// wow. gamepedia. com/Kalimdor_(landmass)

Oh, my bad. Got some names mixed, as different sources have called it in different ways over the years (much like the EK was initially called Azeroth)

1 Like

I am so impressed ! WOTA trilogy is one of my favorites.

That is Shandris’ village :hugs:

1 Like

I think the name Urae is the funniest xD

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.